Thread: Aa tx200 .22

Aa tx200 .22

Hi all, new member so let me know if I do anything wrong!
    Can anyone give me tips on what to expect (range wise) from a TX200 .22?
    I'd like to be acheiving 70m range at 3cm targets. Possible?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Hello Jenson, welcome to the forum

.22 will be very loopy at that range. I have a TXHC in .177, and the pellet drops about 4 inches at 60 yards, so I'd expect a .22 to be worse in that respect. You'll just have to compensate for the drop and see how it goes. It might be worth zeroing the scope for that distance if you'll be shooting that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Hello Jenson, welcome to the forum

.22 will be very loopy at that range. I have a TXHC in .177, and the pellet drops about 4 inches at 60 yards, so I'd expect a .22 to be worse in that respect. You'll just have to compensate for the drop and see how it goes. It might be worth zeroing the scope for that distance if you'll be shooting that a lot.
    Thanks for the welcome. what kind of rest do you use? I'm using a photography tri-pod with a spongey pad...absorbs the recoil I think. I can manage ok at 50 metres (but that's pushing it!)

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I've used a bean bag for resting on a bench. It's the type you sit down in the mud on.

I have a few .22s and some .177s and as someone just said at that distance your shot will be very loopy with a .22 - my advice (for what its worth) make sure your running close on the legal limit power wise and use a lighter slug that suits your rifle - the boys on here rate falcons ap or biz lrg.

But if my life depended on hitting a target at 60+ yards I would defo pull out a .177 - but like I say thats only my opinion - Good luck with it!

hi button , like you i'm a new to the forum too. but i've got the tx200 in .22 and have shot similar distances (well maybe more like 50m) a few times, all i can say is that you may have a hard job zeroing it straight away and may have to work on adjusting increasingly, but once i had found the right mildot it wasnt as bad as i thought that long range would have been, (well on a calm day anyway ha ha) although like frank pole mentioned, my friend who was with me seemed to have an easier job and he was using .177

Yup, I have a bsa scorpion in .177...she manages just fine at longer ranges. i use my TX because I simply find it more rewarding to make a decent shot with so much stacked against the .22 pellet. Watching the curve of the trajectory fascinates me but I am begining to realise that 70m+ may just be a bridge too far for sub 12ftlb .22! (at least for my limited skills)

tx200

hi guys i got a tx200 177 for sale due to not having time to shoot i like £240 for it let me know if anyone interest thank

Quote Originally Posted by stanley007 View Post
    hi guys i got a tx200 177 for sale due to not having time to shoot i like £240 for it let me know if anyone interest thank
    There is a sales section. Probably better than thread hijacking

practice, practice, practice