Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi automatic multi shot airrifle ???

Semi automatic multi shot airrifle ???

Why is it that the manufactures like Daystate ( Daystate seem to be pushing the boundaries) or any of the other top manufactures, dont come up with a semi automatic. Crossman do the nightstalker which will do 12 shots as fast as the trigger can be pulled, doing up to 350 shot on a 88g co2 bottle, just imagine a Daystate airwolf 10 shot semi automatic, that can fire the pellets as fast as you can pull the trigger, with the Dayestate accuracy, now wouldnt that sell. Does anyone know why this carnt be done ??? your comments anyone please.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    They have done it.
    Master Debater

Thats becuase the crossman nightstalker is less than 6ftlb's, so classed as a pistol.
    A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

A.V Marochinni O/U 12 Gauge
    Baikal S/B 12 Gauge
    Air Arms S200 MK2 .177

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    Why is it that the manufactures like Daystate ( Daystate seem to be pushing the boundaries) or any of the other top manufactures, dont come up with a semi automatic. Crossman do the nightstalker which will do 12 shots as fast as the trigger can be pulled, doing up to 350 shot on a 88g co2 bottle, just imagine a Daystate airwolf 10 shot semi automatic, that can fire the pellets as fast as you can pull the trigger, with the Dayestate accuracy, now wouldnt that sell. Does anyone know why this carnt be done ??? your comments anyone please.

Dave (warbucks)
    Always thought semi auto air rifles were illegal in the UK!

FX make 2 semi-automatics. Semi -auto's are illegal in this country but not abroad nor elsewhere.
    They are called the Revolution and the Monsoon, both have had teething troubles but generally are awesome rifles.
    http://www.fxairguns.com/product.asp?id=monsoon
    http://www.fxairguns.com/product.asp?id=revolution

If you go to their website and watch the Download section there are 2 clips, The FX Challenge and the semi-auto show.

Both totally awesome vids.

If it was my choice i would have the Monsoon with a bipod and a NV rig in a.177 FAC flavour. Then i would just site myself around my busiest warren about 50m out with a slight breeze in my face and just wait for the crowd to appear.

But thats just me!!
    BSA Lightning with a bipod - Hawke niteye 3-9 x50 mil dot illum reticle. Daystate x2sports r - NVS4900 NV. Spare Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope.

Correct me please cos I'm always wrong !

...But I was told and read here some years back that semi auto was technically not allowed at lest with a rifled barrel .
    Others with a stronger grasp of the frivolities of the Law as it relates to airguns being treated as fireams , can tell for sure , but the aforementioend semi auto by Crosman is a smoothbore for this very reason . I was even told by Brocock that if the same model is sold on the Continent then its rifled for accuracy but here has to be converted to smoothbore as considered a firearm - even to it only does 6or 7ft/lb
    Nonsense and stupid for all to see .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

semi automatic

blimey just as well they dont make them,
    just imagine the cost, its bad enough using a 14 shot mag,
    you get through enough pellets now,

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noonie038 View Post
    Semi -auto's are illegal in this country.
    No they're not.
    Master Debater

This topic seems to be on semi-auto...

Try searching "semi automatic" in this forum. Every possible opinion on the desirability/legality of semi auto airguns has already been expressed.

Generally about once every four months.

The JC summariso-matic service says all thiose previous threads can be summarised as "grey area- don't rock boat."
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    This topic seems to be on semi-auto...

Try searching "semi automatic" in this forum. Every possible opinion on the desirability/legality of semi auto airguns has already been expressed.

Generally about once every four months.

The JC summariso-matic service says all thiose previous threads can be summarised as "grey area- don't rock boat."
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    ...But I was told and read here some years back that semi auto was technically not allowed at lest with a rifled barrel .
    Others with a stronger grasp of the frivolities of the Law as it relates to airguns being treated as fireams , can tell for sure , but the aforementioend semi auto by Crosman is a smoothbore for this very reason . I was even told by Brocock that if the same model is sold on the Continent then its rifled for accuracy but here has to be converted to smoothbore as considered a firearm - even to it only does 6or 7ft/lb
    Nonsense and stupid for all to see .
    Correctomundo!! Cannot have a rifled barrel semi-auto air rifle here in the UK as it is deemed illegal.

FACT
    Paraphrasing:
    SA is only allowed if chambered for .22LR, and the HO don't want it for air rifles. If there was one made then there would be a test case, if HO lost they would simply change the existing law.

No company with any sense will stick there heads above the ramparts and be the first

Wasnt there something about members of Gun Trade association have a Gentlemans agreement to not test the water on this too?

Just to pick up on something GaryC said, the .22 rimfire cartridge is the answer to this!!! Grab yourself an FAC, get a slot for a .22l/r rifle and then take your pick!! Many different varietys are available to the UK semi auto shooter:

Ruger 10/22
    Anchutz 525
    Remington 597
    Many different AR-15 type variants
    Walther GSP (for gays)
    Walther G22 (for bullpup fans)

This list goes on and on..... rimfire is anywhere between £1.50 and £4 for 50 rounds.
    Not quite as cheap as air rifle pellets but after you factor in the cost of an air bottle, service of air bottle, filling equipment like hoses etc, re filling etc it does balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    Correctomundo!! Cannot have a rifled barrel semi-auto air rifle here in the UK as it is deemed illegal.
    Does this mean that one of ben taylors much hyped smooth twist barrels would bypass this law (playing devils advocate)