Thread: ROA target sights?

ROA target sights?

Hi, has anyone heard of different/better target sights available for the ROA, or are the standard ones, the only ones available?

Thanks for any replies in advance.
    ATB
    Bazwong
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

would guess you can get them as the OA is based on the Super Redhawk if memory serves.
    I'm thinking of getting mine drilled for a scope rail and having a red dot on quick release mounts.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by pnuk View Post
    would guess you can get them as the OA is based on the Super Redhawk if memory serves.
    I'm thinking of getting mine drilled for a scope rail and having a red dot on quick release mounts.
    Was it the Redhawk, or the Blackhawk?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Was it the Redhawk, or the Blackhawk?

Jim
    Yep, you're right I think it was the Blackhawk.

If I recall correctly, the Redhawk is the bigger, heavier frame, for the .44 magnum. The Blackhawk is for the .357, and .45 Colt.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Redhawk and corresponding "super" is a double action revolver. Blackhawk and corresponding "super" is a single action revolver.

Curious, what don't you like about ROA sights?

ROA target sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Redhawk and corresponding "super" is a double action revolver. Blackhawk and corresponding "super" is a single action revolver.

Curious, what don't you like about ROA sights?
    Hi Simon, there isn`t actually anything I dislike about the ROA sights, I think they suit the gun very well regarding size, and ease of adjustment but..
    I have thought about attempting to fit sights from a FWB model 65 air pistol,(or similar) because I would find it easier to get a clearer sight picture, quicker, when shooting the ROA in rapid fire comps

Also I read somwhere on the net, (I can`t find it again but I THINK it was on a U.S.A. web site/forum) that there are better/bigger target sights available that will fit the ROA, and I believe it was just the rear sight that was changed.
    ATB
    Bazwong
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

Muzzleloading Forum, maybe? Or CAS City?

Jim