Thread: Hello to the pistol crowd

Hello to the pistol crowd

I've been on the forum a few weeks now in the general section, but thought I'd be brave and have a dabble over here and say hello! Although I've got a couple of nice spring rifles I've had pistols since I was far too young to have pistols in the olden days. I used to shoot my dad's Webley Senior, which I still have, and bought a Tempest about 20 years ago so I didn't wreck the family heirloom.

I bought a chrono recently and was interested to see the senior was putting out a consistent 3.0 fpe compared with 1.6 from the Tempest. So I thought it was time to pull it apart and clean and relube with modern stuff. Managed to get it up to 2.0 which still seemed low for a good condition, non-abused gun that’s had a good few thousand pellets through it.

Tonight I decided to be brave after having sized the piston washer on my HW77 to good effect and had a go at the Tempest. In brief it's now a very smooth 3.0 fpe and a pleasure to shoot, albeit only in my shed.

All the best, Tom.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Hiya Tom!
    Welcome to one of the more select (but not sniffy) corners of the BBS, it's a nice crowd here,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Tempests are GREAT. I own several myself, both .177 and .22.
    They will never do high powers, they werent meant as such..
    Welcome in the pistolsection by the way.
    ATB,
    yana

Hi Tom i think a 100% power increase was a prety good result!
    lets face it when it comes to weblys they dont make them like the used to!

a senior is on my pistol wish list.

Hello Tom,

I just got my hands on a lovely Tempest - excellent springer!

I've only recently rediscovered Webley pistols and have 3 Juniors and a Mark 1, a Senior and a Premier are on my "wants" list too....

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Hi Tom, nice to have you aboard.

Why not pop across and visit us at the UBC http://www.ubc.btik.com/p_Home.ikml

We hold lots of e mail comps, at least one a month. There is a bi annual meeting coming up also on 1-2 May.

Easy to join.......Hard to leave

ATB
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Smile Pistols !!

Welcome to the section, enjoy your pistols & watch out for the odd bit of banter
    very odd in some cases...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Hi Tom, nice to have you aboard.

Why not pop across and visit us at the UBC http://www.ubc.btik.com/p_Home.ikml

We hold lots of e mail comps, at least one a month. There is a bi annual meeting coming up also on 1-2 May.

Easy to join.......Hard to leave

ATB
    Emphatically seconded! And your pistols are right on the money for the UBC's 6 yard, and 10 meter, competitions. And the Senior for Vintage pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks for all the welcomes, I like the idea of the UBC, I think you'll be seeing me over there too. I'll post some pics of the old Webley when I get a spare minute or two.