Thread: Working Webley Mk.III For Sale: £75 plus post.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Thumbs up Working Webley Mk.III For Sale: £75 plus post.

Hi. I have a working Webley Mk.III .22 for sale, serial number 35042. Stock has a nice grain, but has a few biggish grazes, nocks and bumps that need sorting (these were done around 40 years ago and have since been varnished over in the 1970s, so don't show too much, but they are there).

Bluing is mostly good, I'd say around 80%, but the previous owner (who had it from new), bought and fitted a Webley Mk.III scope ramp to it mid 1970s, so although an early Mk.III, it does now have a scope ramp.

As on the early models the Mk.III wording etc was further up the action than on the later scope ramped models, said after market Webley ramp blocks out the centre of the writing in question.

This isn't the prettiest of after market mods therefore, although a lot stronger than the factory fitted ramps of the day, so a nice period scope has to be fitted to this rifle to enhance its aesthetics and stop it looking like a Selafield special .

Ha ha. Joking to one side, it does look like a nice period piece scoped, and with a bit of TLC will be a credit to any collection, but as (a) I already have two, and (b) just don't have the time, I thought I'd price it sensibly and move it on. If still available when I get my camera back, I will post some photos.

As stated in the heading then, I am only looking for £75 plus post for this rifle, and the first to post below with no caveats that they will take this -- and who then backs this up by p-m -- will be the buyer. At this price, offers below the asking, or with caveats, will be ignored.

Now the legal bit. In asking to buy this air gun, you are confirming to me that you are over eighteen years old, and that you are not a prohibited person under section 21 of the fire arms act. Thank you for looking . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth, I will take this PM me with the details , postage and payment methods please...Dave...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Hi Gareth, I will take this PM me with the details , postage and payment methods please...Dave...
    ... Wow. That was quick . Above Mk.III therefore sold to you then my friend (and in record time ), and yhpm2. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.