Thread: Webley osprey

Webley osprey

Would anybody be kind enough to give me an age and approximate valuation of said rifle. I aquired it recently from a relative. we beleive he had it from new! serial no.12701 in .22 caliber,stocks pretty good condition, but theirs some pitting on the barrel and cylinder but i think it would come out with some .00 wool. regards Rob.

The Webley Ospray was manufactured from 1975 into the 1990's in both .177 amd .22 flavours.
    Even in mint condition, the value is mediocre at £100 -£150.
    In good, used condition - £50 to £70. Any worse condition and it's a gun club donation for beginners. ATB, Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    The Webley Ospray was manufactured from 1975 into the 1990's in both .177 amd .22 flavours.
    Even in mint condition, the value is mediocre at £100 -£150.
    In good, used condition - £50 to £70. Any worse condition and it's a gun club donation for beginners. ATB, Eric
    Ok Eric, thanks for that! would say its average condition!

Worth holding onto perhaps

....these are very underrated and for the money whilst there are some points people don't like - ie triggers I think in the main , they are well made . You could pay to have it tuned if not done by someone competant here , and it would make a superb family gift to get someone into the sport .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

osprey

loveley rifle
    Last edited by kscsilver; 16-04-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: againsed rules
    5x logun s16, (1 is a 177 ) logun axsor, webley axsor, axsor gemini,alros shadow and a logun eagle