Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Boot Sales

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Car Boot Sales

Where are the best car-boot sales for airgun stuff? Or maybe you don't want to share your secrets!

airgun sales are banned from my local car boots....PC bollards at work again

A mate bought an airsporter for £40 from Flookborough last week...although I have never seen one there in 2 years of looking. Maybe its just luck?

flookborough

is the airgun guy back on at flookie he dissapeared for a while
    To be fair.... I am probably the worst shot in the uk.....even with a shotgun

edbear2 Guest
    Malvern Giant flea market

http://www.threecounties.co.uk/events/index.php

Normally 10-30 of all sorts ranging from Prewar to 1980's........and some sellers have had 15+ plus guns plus related stuff......however, on my last time there, although I saw several single guns on various tables, one regular who I bought a nice L.J. off, told me he had been warned about regularly selling guns without a RFD......he was told to keep them "out of sight".

The local Police/Organizer attitude seems to be (at the present time of writing)......one or two guns, as part of a normal clear-out, or thinning of a collection = no problem, but turn up every sale with tables covered with them, and they will take notice.

Gates open at 7.30.......be there ready to rumble as it is a bunfight, with several "regulars" bringing gunslips ready to fill

Other boots in this area (especially near the Welsh border) are also very good, with genuine "sleepers" often seen.......

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    A mate bought an airsporter for £40 from Flookborough last week...although I have never seen one there in 2 years of looking. Maybe its just luck?
    Pure luck........last time out I walked past a visible etching, 100% original BSA standard, up for grabs at £80........because the guy had it stood upright against a wardrobe, out of sight unless you went right up to his table.

A friend, who I work with, and who has just got interested in pre-war guns (he is from the Black Country, and was fascinated by the bell target info I gave him)......came in on the following Monday and told me HE had bought it....he didn't know anything about the year/model etc., just that it was a "BSA like yours, but with loads of writing on the top....patent numbers and the like).......The only reason he had seen it was the guy was selling Militaria, and that is one of his interests.

A few of these have come from a bloke at my local bootsale (Marsh lane), he usually holds them back to give me first refusal

Gamo Expomatic

Early webley mk3

Pellets

Some of these webbo overlevers

King Ratcatcher

I've had quite a few more that i've since moved on

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Boot Sales

I've seen a few at the Kempton Park Motorcycle Autojumbles. A few months ago I turned down a HW35 STD needing some tlc for £70.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    A few of these have come from a bloke at my local bootsale (Marsh lane), he usually holds them back to give me first refusal

Gamo Expomatic

John
    That's the same as the one I have, I was told mine was an 'Asi Statical' though.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

never see them around here although i did get chatting to a bloke at a boot sale last week who said he had a lot of 1950's-1970's springers to get rid of,he also offered me an 1866 .44 winchester rifle!
    i gave him my number but i think i'll skip on the winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by bigchap View Post
    never see them around here although i did get chatting to a bloke at a boot sale last week who said he had a lot of 1950's-1970's springers to get rid of,he also offered me an 1866 .44 winchester rifle!
    i gave him my number but i think i'll skip on the winchester.
    The Winchester could be in obsolete calibre (not modern 44 Magum or 44 Special) and so not requiring a licence. Check it out!
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 12-04-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling

my understanding of the antiquities clause of the firearms act is that if the calibre is still in use then the current cartridges could be adapted to fit in which case it's still fac.i had a french chassepot which was 11mm and fell under the antiquities clause as no ammunition was available or adaptable.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    That's the same as the one I have, I was told mine was an 'Asi Statical' though.

Cheers.

Roy.

Oh very deary me

You are of course correct...
    My memory of late is terrible, when i typed it, i wasn't certain

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

banned from selling air guns in my area too ,pitty i used to pick up the odd bargain

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Oh very deary me

You are of course correct...
    My memory of late is terrible, when i typed it, i wasn't certain

John
    No need for the sarcasm fella!, if you want it to be a Expomatic, so be it.....I couldn't give a flying figment of your imagination!

Just trying to be helpful...my bad.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!