Thread: Hi Guys

Hi Guys

I just thought I'd pop my self in here as an air pistol shooter and the new member and say hello. I couldn't see anywhere else to go and stop

I shoot out of Ossett rifle and pistol club, been shooting for 60 years and still very with it, I'm hoping to be able to contribute something for everybody with my membership here.
    Very best wishes,
    JJ

Thumbs up Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jacques View Post
    I just thought I'd pop my self in here as an air pistol shooter and the new member and say hello. I couldn't see anywhere else to go and stop

I shoot out of Ossett rifle and pistol club, been shooting for 60 years and still very with it, I'm hoping to be able to contribute something for everybody with my membership here.
    Very best wishes,
    JJ
    welcome to the forum, you make me feel quite young i've only been shooting just over 50 yrs...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Welcome, JJ! What sort of pistols / styles do you shoot?

The Umarex Boys Club has friendly competitions for all guns and styles: springer, PCP, 6 yards, 10 meters, police, vintage...rifles, too! No cost, and no need to travel.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Very warm welcome JJ. You must have a wealth of knowledge that we can pick upon

I see you've made mickson's day as well

ATB
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thank you for that warm welcome.

I shoot 10 metre air pistol (Styre LP2) did well and won a prize in the Eley Comp in 1989 (last time in Cardiff), many ESSU prizes and yorkshire etc but I have had a LOT of time to win them .

I tried 20yd but its too much for me and the rapid fire (LP50) was too much now so sold that a while ago.

I do a lot of coaching and as you know Ossett have put members into the national squad and Commonweath Games in the past from the air pistol side. I still shoot a RWS Scimiter rifle which has won prizes .22 wadcutter.

I`m always pleased to help and advise , much happens in a shooters mind at competitions so not all physical.Not had "Good health" recently but "Pressing on".

I`ve stopped doing "handsprings and cartwheels though now -- --lol

Best wishes to everyone and may all your 9`s be sneaky 10`s

JJ

I bet mickson guesses who I really am

Nice to see you over here JJ.

Mark

Hi JJ - I like your style. You beat me for longevity as I have only been shooting for 55 years.

Haven't things changed so much in our experience?

Best wishes....
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7