Thread: 10 metre Target Pistol Guidance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Aeron Spider has a very small thin grip. Might be an idea..Allthough steyrs etc are more reliable etc..
    Also, a Tau 7 junior, allthough co2.
    ATB,
    yana

Will take a look at that pistol as not familiar with it, however budget now much reduced after purchasing an Air Rifle. This will probably limit me to an IZH-46 rather than my preference for a Steyr LP10 unfortunately. However will keep looking.

Thanks Phil

Don't discount the TAU 7 just because it's CO2 - the effects of temperature on it are minimal, seemingly much less than Umarex type pistols. You might have trouble finding a standard one though, let alone a Junior model. Also remember, grips can always be filed to fit your hand better. (See Todd Cooper's TAU 7 review here)

The FWB 65 is another good choice. I don't know what sized grips are fitted to mine, but they are quite slim. Just make sure you get one with newer blue seals, or budget for replacements or a service.

Nikkormat

Thanks for advice, but have been persuaded that pump action or pressurised is way to go.

Would be interested in people's comments on the pros & cons between the different Steyr Pistols (i.e. LP1, 2 & 10). I have discounted the LP5 as it is multi-shot I believe.

The LP2 does not have the moving weight system that the LP10 has. I'm not sure if you actually need it though as the Morini 162 does well enough at various events!

You can also not adjust the rear sight width on the LP2. You can change the front blade on both though.

Normally the LP2 is only supplied with one air cylinder as well.

Both are more than capable of shooting 10s though.

Ideally you need to try both and see which you prefer.

HTH

Mark

LP5, LP50 are indeed both multishot without the stabiliser weight system the LP10 has.

Both can be used with a single shot magazine for single shot events though.

The LP5 and 50 trigger is not as good as the LP10 unless it happens to be the LP50E then it is exactly the same as the LP10E (Electronic).

HTH

Mark

In the the S/H section at the moment are four match quality pistols.

Feinwerkbau 103 SSP
    Steyr LP2
    Steyr LP50
    Morini 162e

If you did not realise.

HTH

Mark