Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2250 Target Style Pistol Build

Have you shot it yet, Hollowpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    That is one hell of a nice looking gun you have made that is something to keep. Have you thought about putting a stainless steel tube on it in place of the crosman one you can buy them if you do not fancy making one. just an idea but it would finish it off and look nicer without all of the writing on it.
    Thanks yeh a stainless tube would indeed finish it of nicely. Where can I get one? and more importantly how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    Have you shot it yet, Hollowpoint?
    I shot it for the first time at the weekend, I still have to sort the breach and I also found a couple more small problems. The trigger seems to have developed a clicking sort of feel and it has a very slow leak Thankfully im pretty sure I know the cause of the problems and they should be easy to fix.

On the plus side I was pleasantly surprised with the power, accuracy and shot count I must have got at least 50 shots at around 5-6ftlbs and grouping at 10 yards was about the same size as a penny with the first tin of pellets I grabbed from the pile which happened to be RWS CO2 target. The only other things to note are it seems to be a little light up front and the barrel has a tendency to flip a little.

I might get to post some groupings after I fix it.

Absolutely superb thread mate,very impressed with your custom pistol,it looks very professional - you are truly gifted/talented.

Makes me sick
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    The only other things to note are it seems to be a little light up front and the barrel has a tendency to flip a little.

might get to post some groupings after I fix it.

Sounds like you need to make a new heavier brass muzzle brake incorporating an air stripper.
    Some backwards facing slots on the top should vent the used CO2 to counter the flip, and the cone which should be about 5mm i/d, will stabilise the pellet.

This project makes me want to make space in the shed so that I can buy a lathe and mill to join in the fun

Well done!

Cheers

John

PS Have you thought about adding an adjustable palm shelf to the bottom of the grip?
    It would force your hand into exactly the same position for each shot, and thus can improve consistency.
    Last edited by Snooper601; 29-05-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: extra idea
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Sounds like you need to make a new heavier brass muzzle brake incorporating an air stripper.
    Some backwards facing slots on the top should vent the used CO2 to counter the flip, and the cone which should be about 5mm i/d, will stabilise the pellet.

PS Have you thought about adding an adjustable palm shelf to the bottom of the grip?
    It would force your hand into exactly the same position for each shot, and thus can improve consistency.
    With all these good ideas keep being thrown at me I might end up making a mk2 version. I think I will make an air stripper or at least just slot the brake like mentioned. The palm shelf on the other hand isn't really possible due to the shape and size of the grip maybe next time though...

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    This project makes me want to make space in the shed so that I can buy a lathe and mill to join in the fun
    Don't! Before you know it you will have hundreds of pounds tied up in machines and tooling that is only really there to make parts and tools for themselves. Its a vicious circle.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Have you considered producing a kit so us mere mortals can modify their 2240's ?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Mere mortals

Your not the first person to ask if would make the parts to sell but unfortunatly its just not worth while I doubt if I could make the frame, grip and parts in less than a week! even if I left them unfinished.

This is the place that the for s/s tubes there probably are other places that do them how much he charges I have no idea but they do look nice.

http://www.airgunartisans.com/AADonCParts.htm

Thumbs up

Wow

only just found this thread. that is a total work of art, congratulations on a very well finished project