Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese, Feinwerkbau ?????

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    as a side issue but relevent to this is the tide of cheap and cheerful copys of all the market products flooding into the west;we are all in some way or another guilty of saving a few bob by buying something that gets us through ,but as my friend who is a shop owner says we now have items coming in such as torches that look ok for little money and simply dont work!!! but as they are so cheap that you cant be bothered to take them back.so hold on to your quality solid best of the west and watch as landfills fill up with one year wonders.
    Here Here

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    as a side issue but relevent to this is the tide of cheap and cheerful copys of all the market products flooding into the west;we are all in some way or another guilty of saving a few bob by buying something that gets us through ,but as my friend who is a shop owner says we now have items coming in such as torches that look ok for little money and simply dont work!!! but as they are so cheap that you cant be bothered to take them back.so hold on to your quality solid best of the west and watch as landfills fill up with one year wonders.
    Well, we (citizens in the West) have only ourselves to blame. Buy the cheapo Chinese rubbish, it IS cheaper, but then there is no demand (or reduced demand) for our own manufactured items so the manufacturers go out of business with loss of jobs etc etc and a net outflow of wealth. In the end, the Chinese will be rich but have no-one to sell their stuff to since the rest of the world will be broke!

If I desire an item (whatever it is) I will buy it if it's locally made without hesitation, or if it's British made - the same. I will buy an EU item only if I can't find a British one but will try very hard not to desire it any more if it's from outside those regions - makes economic sense long-term! Cheap isn't always just to do with price!!

End of rant for today!!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Well, we (citizens in the West) have only ourselves to blame. Buy the cheapo Chinese rubbish, it IS cheaper, but then there is no demand (or reduced demand) for our own manufactured items so the manufacturers go out of business with loss of jobs etc etc and a net outflow of wealth. In the end, the Chinese will be rich but have no-one to sell their stuff to since the rest of the world will be broke!

If I desire an item (whatever it is) I will buy it if it's locally made without hesitation, or if it's British made - the same. I will buy an EU item only if I can't find a British one but will try very hard not to desire it any more if it's from outside those regions - makes economic sense long-term! Cheap isn't always just to do with price!!

End of rant for today!!

ATVB
    David
    Totally agree with the above......as an aside, I buy vintage tools at car boots etc. and am always amused when people walk past the old boys selling up their old Moore and Wright, Brown and Sharpe, Starrett, etc. engineers tools, or Whitehouse forge hammers........to make a beeline to the regular who sells big gaudy packs of monkey metal, cheapo chinky spanners and screwdrivers for a pittance.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Totally agree with the above......as an aside, I buy vintage tools at car boots etc. and am always amused when people walk past the old boys selling up their old Moore and Wright, Brown and Sharpe, Starrett, etc. engineers tools, or Whitehouse forge hammers........to make a beeline to the regular who sells big gaudy packs of monkey metal, cheapo chinky spanners and screwdrivers for a pittance.
    Absolutely spot-on!!

Power to your drinking elbow!!

BFN
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

o yes.

its one thing to be-moan the tide of barely acceptable tat that comes in but to have the spirit to stay true to western products and put your money where your principles are is another thing and applaude all those with the gumption to do so,and as im as guilty as the next man to the save a bob and loose a job so to speak i intend to try harder to keep the money where its needed.trouble is it has to be on the whole vintage gear to qualify in most respects even with a name odds are some bit or another is from tat/land .
    all i can say is of the many rifles and shotguns i have, all are or german and my car is errr um well french!! .
    ps not forgetting whitworth the history of that family mark is synonymose with the all that was british engineering.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

i own a fwb65 and love it, but does anyone know were you can buy one iof these copys as i would like to try to tune one to make a ft pistol?

obviously im not about to get the spanners out on my mint fwb!

I try to buy products made in Britain (even though the owners are usually foreign) or at least made in Europe. But that is not easy, these days. Funnily enough, guns and ammunition are one of the last remaining areas where there is still a good choice of products made in Britain or Europe.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The best spanners I have were bought as an apprentice 32 years ago (I couldn't afford branded ones at the time because I needed a lot of stuff in one go) they just have 'Made in India' on one side and 'Drop Forged' on the other....Sizes are perfect and tough as any Snap-On - must be to have lasted this long and I'm an engineer by trade...
    I also have a cheap Lidl digital vernier that will happily stand comparison to more exspensive brands costing 10 times more...
    So not all cheap, foreign stuff is rubbish, you just need to be a bit choosey or lucky

The thing is, if a feinwerkbau sport copy came available from china, and the price and quality was right Who Would,? Have a go at this rifle, Yeh i think most would,