Thread: HW45 Rear sight

HW45 Rear sight

Hi, Just started playing with my New HW45, with true glo sights, It seems to be firing a bit low to me, Do screw rear sight elevation screw in or out, IE clockwise or anti clock, I presume i need to lift rear sight a little to higher pellet on taget ?? Hope this makes sense.

To raise the point of impact you need to raise the rear sight.

You will need to unscrew the rear sight screw to raise it so that's anti-clockwise.

HTH
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Cheers for that. When i was a schoolboy many years ago some screwed clockwise to lift sight up, Thanks again time for furthar play

Here is a link to the HW45 owners manual. In my view somethings could be explained a little better than the manual and Synthasy2000 has done just that with his/her explanation but still, you may find this link useful.

ATB
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Thanks for that, Didnt even bother looking at maual to be honest as you say lot to be desired Just after my post i pressed on rear site and it moves down against a spring, This confirmed my thoughts on screw direction,

Jkpc

Quote Originally Posted by fishman307 View Post
    Hi, Just started playing with my New HW45, with true glo sights, It seems to be firing a bit low to me, Do screw rear sight elevation screw in or out, IE clockwise or anti clock, I presume i need to lift rear sight a little to higher pellet on taget ?? Hope this makes sense.
    Hi fishman, If you treat the rear sights like the top of a pop bottle, - unscrew the top and it comes up and if you screw the top down it goes down.

Don't do a Ratty and unscrew it too far or BOING!

took me 2hrs and a magnet on a stick to find all the bits

Windage is simple if you want to go left with pellet strike, the rear sight needs to go left, note that to complicate matters the adjuster screw works opposite to the way it is turned, HTH, Ratty.

Thanks for that men quite clear now, Just need to find the screws on my eyes LOL