Thread: Tell II Air Pistol Valuation

Tell II Air Pistol Valuation

Hi Folks

Any ideas what sort of money the tell 2 pistols make?

thanks

chris

Hi,
    In Hiller's Guide 3rd Edition £30-£80. I think I have had this book for a long time. I sold one a year or two ago but the price has gone from me (my stroke I think). Might be £80- £100
    Regards Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

I think mine went for £90..a year or so ago..in reasonable condition.

Er, are you collectors? In which case why do you sell Tell 2s? Bought mine about 20 years ago in Bristol for £25 (cry over that) but would never sell it. my guess would be £100 plus depending on how much the buyer wanted it (as always).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Re..."are you collector's"

Cheeky monkey..... I think most collectors have fads on one (or more) type's of either; manufacturer's,pistols,rifles,specific versions/models,series,etc...& they "hunt" them down..that's a big part of the fun in airgun collecting!!

I know one collector friend who was obsesive & would travel hundreds of miles & pay top dollar for a gun...then almost as soon as he had it he would want to pass it on...then he would go straight back on the chase for something else...every collector is different.If I had kept all the airguns I had ever bought there wouldn't be room in the house for me & the Mrs.......

Getting back to this post...I suppose a little Tell 11. doesn't take up much space...so the concensus seems to be £80-£100+ depending on the all important ..condition.

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    ...Bought mine about 20 years ago in Bristol for £25 (cry over that)...
    Sold a pair of Tell 2's and a boxed mk2 Junior about 5-6 years ago, to a chap local to us, for about £100!...cry over that!......
    blah blah

Good grief! (Yes I am crying). My problem is that I have collectoritis, I cannot part with anything unless I have two that are exactly the same and then I may have a problem if I really like the gun.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

The guy who owns the pistol is a collector. He gets bored with having the same toys so often has a clear out to fund his next batch.

Will post pictures soon. Its not in superb condition but shoots ok. I think these must be quite rare?

Hi

Have now posted pictures. Gun operates fine except cocking handle fails to latch in to the grip also grips are a little loose.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44645055@N08/4548428818/

Any ideas on value guys?

Many thanks

Chris

I think £50 ???? Not too good.
    Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Agreed with Marsh's value now seeing the pics...

£20 for one in poor condition, to £250 for one mint boxed with the little tin of German pellets and instruction leaflet. The value rockets the nearer you get to mint condition.