Thread: Cappers - are they worth it?

Cappers - are they worth it?

Evening all. Been thinking about cappers (not a very productive day!).
    Do many people use them and if so are there any recommendations?
    I've got a Uberti 1858 New Army that is using no 11 caps.

Thanks all,

Keith
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our Police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future". Quote - Adolf Hitler, 1935.

Yes, sooooo much less fiddly than doing it by hand :-)
    15x 303s, 1x .223, 1x 7.62, 1x .308, 8x .22s, 1x7.5, 1x30-06, 2x.357, 1x45-110, 1x45acp, 2x32-20, 1x.50, 2x12bore, 1x 357lbr, 1x .22 lbp and some others... 42 currently :-)

depends how fat yer fingers are.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

No

I've yet to find one that can handle No.10 caps without tumbling them in the tube. Mind, I've only tried the in-line bizzos.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Thanks gents.
    I do have quite big hands so think it may well help.
    Has anyone got a recommendation or one to avoid?

Keith
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our Police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future". Quote - Adolf Hitler, 1935.

No idea what make mine is, but it doesn't work on the NMA. The springs jam in the cylinder as there is not enough room for them to expand to release the cap and slip off.

Maybe some other ones are fine?

McT

capper

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    No idea what make mine is, but it doesn't work on the NMA. The springs jam in the cylinder as there is not enough room for them to expand to release the cap and slip off.

Maybe some other ones are fine?

McT
    for some reason I have an inline one and works perfectly on my Uberti Colt, Rogers & Spencer and the Ruger Old Army but will not work on my mates Remington NMA seems the gap in the cylinder is to narrow and it wont pull through the gap and like you say jams on the spring fingers, Tezz

Cappers

Been M/L ing for a long time. (Still got the Brown Bess I was issued with) Had about every kind of cappper. Snail, inline, Plum shaped, Pear shaped. Mostly all are unreliable and frustrating. Until I was introduced to the apparently horrible plastic TC ( I think it stands for Thompson ?) capper. However, this works as near to impeccably as I have ever had. Brilliant.
    I think Midway stock them?
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay