Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 metre Target Air Rifle - Recommendations??

10 metre Target Air Rifle - Recommendations??

I am trying to decide which rifle to look for and would be grateful for some guidance in this area. Ideally a fairly light one and it would need to be second hand as my budget is around £500, obviously the lower the better to keep the other half happy. Any ideas?

Smile

For a really light one there's the new Gunpower Edge pcp;

http://www.solware.co.uk/blog/?tag=gunpower-edge

Its within your budget as its £499 brand new.
    I've used them at a couple of the gun shows where they've been on have-a-go stands. Personally I prefer a very heavy gun and these are really light (6.1lbs), but actionwise these are absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    For a really light one there's the new Gunpower Edge pcp;

http://www.solware.co.uk/blog/?tag=gunpower-edge

Its within your budget as its £499 brand new.
    I've used them at a couple of the gun shows where they've been on have-a-go stands. Personally I prefer a very heavy gun and these are really light (6.1lbs), but actionwise these are absolutely fine.
    A mate in my club bought one of these at Newark so if you want to know what it's like, just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    A mate in my club bought one of these at Newark so if you want to know what it's like, just PM me.
    Why not tell us all ?

br22

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    heard mixed reviews of these,for me they dont look adjustable enough to be a proper target rifle, butt plate looks awful

I too had a look at the Gunpower at Newark. I also was not that impressed. I would rather spend the money on an AA S400MPR in the 6fpe version. I think that would be a much better bet as an intorductory rifle, and would take a shooter further than the Gunpower.

Alan

itsaheadshot Guest
    the gunpower edge are a cracking rifle bit un-usual but very light and accurate with Gunpower diopter they are also great know few chaps that shoot them esp bell target shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by br22 View Post
    Why not tell us all ?

br22
    Because I don't know but would find out and put the OP in contact with my mate who is not on this forum.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bigduncs View Post
    because i don't know but would find out and put the op in contact with my mate who is not on this forum.

Sechand walther LG300?
    I bought mine NEW for E850!! (euro's)in germany. Pre-XT but who needs than anyway..Quite light, 4k, with junior cilinder even lighter.
    Also, does it háve to be Pcp? In the old springers (FWB etc,) there are juniors as well.
    Also, Alfa Proj has a light matchrifle (<4k)(Alfa) in co2 and pcp version. Costs about E425 new.
    ATB,
    yana

Yana
    Thanks for the advice, shame us in the UK do not get the same prices as the rest of Europe as this would widen everyone's scope and help to promote the sport.

To everyone else, either via the forum or pms, thanks for the help. I have just purchased a FWB P70, which should keep me happy for a few years.

Phil

Good choice! Hope you like yr FWB!
    Here in holland they're more expensive too, thats why I buy much german stuff, like the LG300, in germany, and the tsjech stuff in tsjech!
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by discotwo View Post
    Yana
    Thanks for the advice, shame us in the UK do not get the same prices as the rest of Europe as this would widen everyone's scope and help to promote the sport.

To everyone else, either via the forum or pms, thanks for the help. I have just purchased a FWB P70, which should keep me happy for a few years.

Phil
    cracking rifles mate - you will enjoy using it
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Yana

Phil
    Phil
    You can buy at the same price as Yana from Europe, and mail order if you are over 18 under EU and UK law it is perfectly legal to buy mail order from the German companies such as Buinger, and Stopper, etc. There is an exclusion in the UK Act demanding face to face in the UK which excludes purchases from EU Europe. Silly isn't it, we can't buy new here without face to face but we are allowed to buy direct from Europe!
    The P70's a good choice, enjoy it.
    Best regards
    Robin

..a FWB P70, which should keep me happy for a few years. Phil
    Well done. I look forward to hearing about you outshooting your P70!!