Thread: Telescopic Sight for Diana 25

Telescopic Sight for Diana 25

I have a Diana model 25 air rifle stamped 'Made in Great Britain' and it also has an identification stamped on the rear of the wooden butt - 656 L. (The last digit is slightly obscured but looks like a '6') It originally had a telescopic sight but this was lost / damaged a long time ago.
    The original telescopic sight fitted to the body using a clamp which was secured to a rectangular plate on top of the body. The plate is secured to the body by two screws and the dimensions of the plate are 11.57mm wide x 55mm long.

I believe that a common means of fixing a telescopic sight is using "Weaver Mount" clamps. However, although I have managed to find several apparently usable sights on the Internet, I cannot find any data to indicate whether the clamps supplied with these sights, would fit on to the plate (i.e. Clamp dimensions).

My question - can anyone confirm whether or not, a Weaver Mount will fit correctly on the mounting plate or alternatively, can anyone suggest where I could obtain a compatible telescopic sight?

Thanks for any suggestions

Huh!

What a really helpful forum this is !! NOT!

It's a very busy forum (because of the amount of members it has, all helping each other) so if your post wasn't approved approved before it was off page 1, it more than likely wasn't seen.

Thread moved to the collectables area.
    Last edited by snock; 26-04-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Scope mounts

Weaver mounts are normally used on 22mm wide grooves. The old Original scope I have on my Model 24 has loose plates on each side of each clamp, so can fit a variety of rail sizes from 11 to around 13mm. You probably need a special clamp for your mounting plate. I think Sportsmatch make one for old BSAs etc but I don't know the model number.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.