Thread: Webley Tracker history

Webley Tracker history

Hi Chaps,
    I was reading about the Tracker last night and there seems to have been a few different versions of it though I've never seen them!? Is there anywhere I can find out about these and which was the best one?
    Thanks in advance

Webley tracker

Hi .177 versions seem rarer, have you tried the search function on here. Regds Jenny Dipple

Ive read about the Tracker, Viscount and one more beginning with an S? I just wondered what the difference was between them and which is best.

Towards the end of their production they produced a long barrel tracker and a black version.

Photo's here.

Long Barrel Tracker 1
    Long Barrel Tracker 2
    Tracker Black
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 19-03-2011 at 10:47 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Thanks for that Lumber, a nice rifle indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    Thanks for that Lumber, a nice rifle indeed.
    It was perfect apart from the adhesive warning sign (as you can see from the photo). Last known whereabouts - in the arms of a very lucky Geordie Lad .
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 19-03-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Hi,
    I was going to send someone a couple of articles on the tracker but cleared space on my inbox and forgot who it was! If you could pm me your address I will post the photocopies to you as they arent scanning very well. Cheers.

i have a tracker with a 17000 serial nos. any idea of the date of manufacture please?

tracker

hi there,
    ive had a few trackers and liked them all,as said above the .177 are getting rare.power was around 10-10 1/2 ft/lbs but fitting a gas ram is also an option tho i wouldnt opt for one.
    They can be tuned to shoot very smooth but do struggle to get past 11 ft/lbs.I had a .22 tracker deluxe which had a very nice walnut chequered stock.The best one to get IMHO would be a .177 deluxe version if you can find one?.
    The other sidelever was the osprey which was a bit lower powered due to the steal piston rings didnt seal and it had a longer thicker heavier barrel.
    ATB
    Steve

Tracker variants

Do not forget the Osprey and the target version the rarest of the the lot in a match stock, also the Viscount a long barreled tracker. Jenny Dipple

And the Americanized version - The Barnett Spitfire. Ive seen a couple with some very weird open sight combinations.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

John Walter also lists the Trapper, which was a short barrelled Osprey with a barrel weight, "introduced in the Autumn of 1981" (ie, towards the end of the Osprey's production).

Iain

The cammo one is quite rare, one in Keens at Aberkenfig Bridgend a few weeks ago, i did post on here but i dont think its there now.