Thread: Bsa pre war break barrel value

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Bsa pre war break barrel value

I see that a couple of these have gone in on the bbs in the last few days. What is a fair price for one of these in working condition and looking its age? ie worn bluing etc as I dont get mint or very good conditon guns? What sort of power do they put out? Thanks
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Ey up,

I would say £50 upwards dependent on condition...To £125 for a "good un".Power wise...i'd guess at 9ft.lbs's...?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post

I would say £50 upwards dependent on condition...To £125 for a "good un".Power wise...i'd guess at 9ft.lbs's...?
    ... Ditto (plus post ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

BSA pre war break barrel.

Thanks chaps. £50 sounds better than £125 . Any body else got any views on this? I am trying to negotiate for one
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

edbear2 Guest
    HI, They are a nice shooting, quite lightweight gun, mine does about 525 fps and is very accurate, easily as good as say a light pattern out to the 15/20 yards that is my max range at home (need a bigger garden)...Probably similar in a lot of ways to a Cadet Major in performance, but with that prewar half stocked look that you either love or hate......And the first break barrel gun that BSA ever made, and the spiritual (at least) daddy of the Cadets and Meteors.

Now, only 8500 ish were ever made..... that sounds quite a few I know, but I have read somewhere that these were a favourite of the fairground range boys before the Cadet came along, and in fact the reason the foresight was set back from the muzzle so far, was to allow the fitting of a tube to facilitate cork firing at fairgrounds if required. There is also some mention that any guns which were "not up to snuff" or sub standard for some reason on final inspection, were earmarked especially for sale to showmen..(I wonder if they knocked the sights out of line at the factory for them as well)....anyway, what I am getting at (in my usual round about way) is that quite a few must have been "killed off" by fairground use, so good examples are getting scarcer, and IMHO, this is a much under valued and underrated BSA prewar rifle!.....so even if it has no finish, if it is mechanically sound and most importantly complete with correct sights and good wood.......bite his hand off for £50!!!

PS......I know prices are depressed a bit at the mo', but I would think a minty, visible etching one would still be in the high hundred and somethings, and a gun with lots of finish (ie. still blue!) with very faint etching should be worth at the very least £140+....but that is only my opinion.

BSA Breakbarrel

Hi ggggr I was one of the last to buy one of these on here, it has been reblued as stated by the gentleman I bought it from and on sunday I was shooting NSRA 50 M targets with it at about 40 yards very reasonably,,it is a beautiful gun to hold and to shoot and certainly makes a talking point when you take it out of the bag and start shooting with it, I paid over £100 for mine but it is a lovely looking gun,which is lots of fun to shoot and have around.
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Bsa Break barrel

So rather than start a new thread (as I suppose this was a valuation thread but sure Gareth will let me off) Has anybody got a cheap complete one that they dont want?

I have Breakdown with most of its original bluing intact and clear visible etching. Power hovers around 8 ft lbs with Hobbies and she stood me £195, which is a lot I know but compare that to BSA underlevers of the same period and in the same condition. You would probably pay twice that. I guess what I am saying in a roundabout way is these rifles are currently underpriced and are sure to increase in value over time. A good time to invest in a nice one I say.

Kind regards,
    John

Bsa pre war break barrel

So anyone got a cheapie then?