Thread: NSRA / ISSF. No Jeans, Short Shorts or Flip Flops.

NSRA / ISSF. No Jeans, Short Shorts or Flip Flops.

As above,

Whats all this trash about no short shorts, jeans or flip flops allowed at competitions.

Are they having a laugh?? we're getting into Summer and its getting flipping hot!!

I can understand smart wear for the prize givings and dinners etc fine, but for ranges you should be allowed to wear what you want.

Its not even a matter of health and safety, its the powers that be just flexing their toss muscles for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    As above,

Whats all this trash about no short shorts, jeans or flip flops allowed at competitions.

Are they having a laugh?? we're getting into Summer and its getting flipping hot!!

I can understand smart wear for the prize givings and dinners etc fine, but for ranges you should be allowed to wear what you want.

Its not even a matter of health and safety, its the powers that be just flexing their toss muscles for no good reason.

To be fair I can live with the lack of short shorts. I can do without seeing any other shooters toss muscles if it's all the same with you?

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    I always just wear one of those Borat Mankini things
    dude thats just wrong, but you would look hot in it x

Quote Originally Posted by pnuk View Post
    To be fair I can live with the lack of short shorts. I can do without seeing any other shooters toss muscles if it's all the same with you?

I was thinking of women shooters mate. Gave the game away there didnt ya (kidding)

It's all about presenting the proper image of shooters being athletes

Alan

AD_K

You are quite right, it's trash.

NSRA does not equate to ISSF

The ISSF "Dress Code" will be applied at this years World Cup Matches and the World Championships. If you are not going to them then there's nothing to worry about!

The NSRA have said nothing about applying these regulations at the ISSF 50metre Championships in June. Nothing to worry about there either.

The NSRA meeting in August is not shot under ISSF rules, so nothing to worry about there.

What the ISSF Code actually says is this:

All clothing worn by competitors in training, elimination, qualification and final round competitions and in award ceremonies must be clothing that is appropriate for wear by athletes in international-class competition. All clothing must convey positive images of shooting athletes as competitors in an Olympic sport.
    Can't really disagree with those sentiments, we are after all talking about international events.

During award or other ceremonies, athletes are required to be dressed in their official national uniform or national tracksuits (tops and bottoms of training or warm-up uniforms including sport shoes). For teams, all members of the team must wear the same national uniforms.
    That's pretty much the same as the current rules for our national teams, no real change there either.

Prohibited clothing items for competitions and award ceremonies include blue jeans, jeans or similar trousers in non-sporting colors, camouflage clothing, sleeveless T-shirts, shorts that are too short, ragged cut-off shorts, all types of sandals, trousers with patches or holes as well as shirts or trousers with non-sporting or inappropriate messages
    The only bit there that seems to get people excited is the reference to blue jeans or similar. But refer to the first excerpt and then consider, some people need it spelled out. The reference to "Camo" kit has been there for years and no one has objected.

What's wrong with your National/Regional/Club tracksuit trousers when you've made it to the firing point for an international match?

Rutty
    Last edited by Rutty; 20-04-2010 at 09:10 AM.

"shorts that are too short".

What a superb statement.

But can shorts be too short?

I think not

Worringly they are the same type my misses wears!!

Maybe thats why the rule came in, its probably her fault!!

Cool

[QUOTE=bullbarrel;4253384]I always just wear one of those Borat Mankini things

that would look awsome in APG real tree camo