Thread: webley tempest/hurricane grips

webley tempest/hurricane grips

My mate Pete from Leicester who makes the Webley pistol grips that have sold on here, has advertised a set in walnut for a Tempest/Hurricane on fleabay -item number 130384268583

These are a bit different to those previously sold as he has hand chequered them to a very good standard

We each bought a set of chequering tools from Midway about the same time, after seeing a demonstration by an expert, but Pete seems to have taken to it like a duck to water whereas my efforts still leave a lot to be desired.

Still I have recut some worn chequering on some of my older rifles with some success, so i will persevere.

The grips are worth a look for anyone wanting to add a bit of class to their pistol
    john
    hold me back !!

chequering

Had a look and quite impressed.

I wonder if he will do them for my Senior

bertie

He might find that he has a "watcher".

Very nice; love my standard walnut ones he did.

John,
    Wow excellent, Pete has upped his game. Any plans to take 'fixed' price orders' on here. Also will Pete be using his slant grip 'Template' for older pistols offering this option for the slant grip Mk1's and Senior's?
    Rob
    BSA & Webley

they look totally awesome he is a true craftsman
    Webley Eclipse mk1 .22, " I want rats,lots of rats"

Smile Petes grips

Pete showed me a set of walnut grips today at the club for a Tempest

These are made from walnut root and have incredible grain
    They are also rock hard and actually ring when tapped together

To be honest the wood is so nice that it is a shame to chequer them but Pete had already chequered the RH side grip

Somehow he has acquired the skill of chequering walnut very quickly and it is hard to find fault with his work. If i could do half as well in twice the time I would be delighted
    He intends to make some chequered grips from this root material for a senior/premier Rob, so it will be interesting to see the results
    At present it takes him about 3 hours to chequer a set of grips, but I guess within a few weeks he will be cutting this time down to perhaps 1 hour/grip

At the demo we watched at the Newark show, a very experienced craftsman was taking almost 30 minutes/side on a (Turkish)walnut shotgun stock, he made it look so easy
    John
    hold me back !!