Thread: Quiz.

Quiz.

Hi All, Just for fun. To test you can you name these air rifles? Some don't have all the original parts (working on that).
    I will let you know in a day or so.
    PS Some times I have to look at the labels my self!

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7...xofguns006.jpg
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Pah, too easy!

Dave, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich. John, Paul, George and Ringo. Dusty, Alma and Helen.

I'll get me coat........

Carl.

I can see the following models: BSA breakdown, BSA "L", Midland Demon, Haenel II, Diana 27, Original V, Militia-type.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

T To B Millita
    BSA L
    Midland Gun Co. Demon
    Haenel
    BSA L
    M. G. Co. Demon
    Millita
    BSA Break Barrel
    BSA Break Barrel
    Diana Mod. 27
    BSA B/B
    .25 Millita (stock home made)
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Re Quiz.

Blast.....I was just about to have a go....nice breakbarrel collection there Marsh,thanks for sharing it with us.

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

quiz

Very interesting set of rifles,is the bottom rifle a Langenhan?. I see that the barrel is secured by the rear sight and I have not seen this in any other. I have a similar rifle and when I stripped it , it appeared that the leather washer was stuck to the end of the cylinder. The end of the piston did not appear to have a method of attaching a washer. Of course it could have come adrift, but it had a hole in it that lined up with the transfer port.
    I hope I have not broken any rules by asking a question on the end of your thread,if so , please accept my apologies. Pete

No rules broken Pete...we like questions in the "anorack" section....

Most Gems (early airguns) had no piston washers..it was just a metal to metal fit..so maybe your rifle had been modded by a previous owner who just stuck a piston washer on to try get a good seal..? Airguns have been "fixed up" for 100+ years with all manor of bodges......

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by corbett View Post
    I hope I have not broken any rules by asking a question on the end of your thread,if so, please accept my apologies. Pete
    Your fine Pete, and what a wonderful thread, to boot (love these ). Off out for a belated Birthday meal and a few wet ones with the Mrs tonight, so will have a go at the quiz myself tomorrow . Atvb: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Re "wet ones"

Sounds like you've allready started big man.....the answers are allready there..

Hi Corbett,
    The bottem rifle was in a bad way when I received it (free) no stock,trigger guard,trigger and rear sight come latch! I think it's a Langenhan (no numbers on it) as it's just like the one in Hillers AIR RIFLES 3rd. edition page 162. Thats it, I made a stock for it but not too happy with it.When I get time might have a go at a new one.
    Regards Marsh.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Sounds like you've allready started big man.....the answers are allready there..
    Oops! I've always been a fan of early doors -- comes from my seven years living and working in Manchester in the '80s s'pose.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.