Thread: another FWB sight hunter! help!!

another FWB sight hunter! help!!

Hi all just got a nice project gun to work on? blueing/tidying wood up however?
    It is a fwb 127 but I think it's a mk 2? how can I tell the difference? It has a plastic trigger, and no sight;s but there is a scallop? across the muzzle end as opposed to the grooves for a tunnel front sight?

Where can I get hold of a breech washer, and piston washer (looked at chambers??) and a set of open sights? front and rear??

cheers,

Fwb 127

HAVE YOU TRIED JOHN KNIBBS INTERNATIONAL, PRICEY AND POOR MAIL ORDER SERVICE OR JIM MACARRI IN THE USA (AIRGUN HEADQUARTERS). Jenny Dipple

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    Hi all just got a nice project gun to work on? blueing/tidying wood up however?
    It is a fwb 127 but I think it's a mk 2? how can I tell the difference? It has a plastic trigger, and no sight;s but there is a scallop? across the muzzle end as opposed to the grooves for a tunnel front sight?

Where can I get hold of a breech washer, and piston washer (looked at chambers??) and a set of open sights? front and rear??

cheers,
    Sounds more like you might have got your hands on a Mk 1, plastic trigger and cut out in the muzzle to accept the front sights.
    It's just a matter of waiting to see if a set of sights come up for sale. You're not the only one searching, so good luck!
    Atb, Eric
    BTW, have a look on the unmentionable auction site for the washers!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

cheers for the info on the suppliers, only just got it tonight and first gotta find out if it,s a mk 1/2/3 ??

cheers

Chambers do stock the parts you are after, click on the following to go straight to their FWB page:
    http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...werkbau+Sport#
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

A piston seal for a BSA Supersport (which is easier to source and cheaper ) can fit a 'Sport with a bit of sizing. Ive got one fitted to one of mine and it works perfectly well.
    Also, I have been informed that a Raid 7 bottle seal is a good replacement for the 'Sport breech seal although I have no personal experience on that one.
    As for foresight. With a scollop across the barrel it looks like you need the rarer fully enclosed type front sight unit.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

sounds like i'm after hens teeth? what about replacing the plastic trigger with a metal one?

might forget the sight thing and get a stylish mod fitted to finish it off? and a plast made to cover the rear sight base?

if this throws any light on the mark it is?

the serial number is 28298?

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    if this throws any light on the mark it is?

the serial number is 28298?
    That's a Mk1. But the differences between your gun and Mk2s and Mk3s are minor and the internal service parts you need are the same. A metal trigger is a definite improvement but they cost quite a bit.

As for the front sight, your chance of finding one of the transverse peg types is not great unfortunately, because they're far rarer than the dovetail rail ones. It may be that an FWB150/300/300S front sight would fit, or could be made to fit, since they also use a transverse peg to secure them?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

feinwerkbau sport

I reccomend the maccari mongoose kit , I just got a 127 with one fitted & with the addition of a lube sleeve it runs great at 11.5 ft/lbs with little recoil. He also does a metal trigger replacement.