Thread: Hw35 stock I.D help...

Hw35 stock I.D help...

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if any of you might be able to give me an idea of which variant the stock is on this hw35...

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/r...nanewman/hw35/

I've recently bought it off the sales section on here, its not arrived yet so i cant give anymore info first hand.
    John, the seller, told me that he bought the stock to replace the one that was already on the rifle.
    He also thinks that the grip cap is made of plastic rather than wood...

Any thoughts chaps?

It looks like a modified Deluxe stock to me. Modified in that they normally dont have chequering on the fore end or a pistol grip cap.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    It looks like a modified Deluxe stock to me. Modified in that they normally dont have chequering on the fore end or a pistol grip cap.

HTH
    Ian
    deluxe or luxus stock with added forend chequering and what looks like a nickle insert in the stock butt,not to sure but did'nt some vixen model's have all this minus the forend chequering

Thanks Ian, that makes sense

Just wondering, but would it be likely that venom would possibly have added the mods to the stock?

Reason i say this is that i once had a hw80 lazaglide from the 80's / 90's that had an identical plastic cap and same pattern chequering, it also had a disc inlet for initials like this one.....

luxus stock forend no finger grooves as on std hw35 stock,also has raised monte carlo style cheek piece and chequered pistol grip, from the 80's
    http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...9/STA61828.jpg
    you could be right about the lazaglide job

A normal Deluxe or Luxus stock Top 2. Not my most favourite 35 stock, to square, but becoming rare.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

HW35 Stock

Could be early Venom especially the pistol grip. However the Airgun Centre did offer a lot of specials in the early 80's with additional chequering.

The Deluxe/Luxus stock shape shown in IJ's photo's is the late type, the earlier version had a rounded pistol grip and the Bayern cheek piece similar to the 55MM.

Thats the great thing about the 35, the number of variations that exist of one of the top air rifles of all time.
    Last edited by coburn; 21-04-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks fellas, I remember the different versions offered by the big mail order shops from the mid eighties, but never got to see one in the flesh so to speak..

I'll have a good look at it when it arrives and see if there's any distinguishing features

cheers, Paul

the rifle i have is a luxus from 1980,it's had the barrel shortend with a muzzle weight added,the stock is identical to your's except for the forend and the silver insert thingy ,which means it is'nt identical to your's....if you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    the rifle i have is a luxus from 1980,it's had the barrel shortend with a muzzle weight added,the stock is identical to your's except for the forend and the silver insert thingy ,which means it is'nt identical to your's....if you know what i mean
    Yes i know what you mean

Gun arrived today, just had a play tonight

The stock feels nice, yes the fore end is slightly squarer compared to a hw35e, but the pistol grip area feels nicer to me.

Thanks for all the help Fellas

HW stock

Hi Paul
    see what I meant! tried to id it but couldn't tie it down. Think you must right in that it was probably a venom mod.
    I will contact the guy that had the old knackerred action a few years ago might be able to get the serial number. for you.
    ATB
    John

Quote Originally Posted by happydude View Post
    Hi Paul
    see what I meant! tried to id it but couldn't tie it down. Think you must right in that it was probably a venom mod.
    I will contact the guy that had the old knackerred action a few years ago might be able to get the serial number. for you.
    ATB
    John
    Thanks John, that could be useful

Atvb

Paul