Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A really special BSA Imp.Mod D....!

A really special BSA Imp.Mod D....!

Got your attension...

I wouldn't normally be selling this...but i'm saving for a...Lambretta...yea yea i've heard all the jokes before & i'm way toooo old for a "mid life crisis".. it doesn't matter how old you are,when the weather starts getting warmer (& you're still alive) you feel younger..well I think so anyway.

Anyway..this is a BSA .177 Improved Model D side lever type catch.It stands a little over 39 inch's & is the forerunner of the "light" series.This type has the metal butt plate & one hole trigger block.It dates from around 1912/14 by the serial No.Everything is there & it works great.The factory stamped "logo" on the cylinder is offset to one side..but very crisp.

Now the special bit....this is in the best condition I have ever seen a BSA pre war underlever...& i've owned/seen a lot.I have had "mint" sleepers that weren't as nice as this....so my conclusion is this has been refinished..just been honest.I've seen ones fresh back from being refinished by the trade (& costing a small fortune) that weren't a patch on this one.

I know some collectors frown at items being unoriginal..but this is a thing of beauty & people do have their airguns "refreshed" for all kinds of reasons..let's call it being simular to cosmetic surgery.... Anyway i'll try & get pics up soon,if some nice BBS member would host them for me...

I don't need to sell it desperately..so any daft offers will be ignored...unless you have a Lambretta to sell....i'm asking £300 posted.(UK)

First to say on this thread.."I will have it" gets it.Thank you.
    Last edited by hwvixen; 21-04-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Spellling.

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Got your attension...

I wouldn't normally be selling this...but i'm saving for a...Lambretta...yea yea i've heard all the jokes before & i'm way toooo old for a "mid life crisis".. it doesn't matter how old you are,when the weather starts getting warmer (& you're still alive) you feel younger..well I think so anyway.
    Yes. Yes. I know exactly where your coming from. Ive just bought myself a baby Harley-D.

Good luck with the sale of what sounds a lovely rifle and enjoy your 'hair dryer' when you get it.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Hi, I have a nice Triumph 350cc for £3000.or a 350 Bullet for £1000.
    Regards Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

Thanks for pics Neil...I guessed i'd get some reaction from you "hairy bikers"... A good Lammy's going to cost the same as a classic bike or small car...but the collectors .."must have this".. instinct has bitten me i'm afraid...& I won't settle till I get one now...

Re "Hairdryer" quote...not heard that one before Ian...!! I'm told some really really modded scooters can hit 100mph now...almost as fast as a 125 bike.The down side is i've got to wear a crash helmet...when did that rule come in..?
    Last edited by hwvixen; 21-04-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Scooter

I had a really nice TV175 in 1968, now that was fast

Wish I still had it, worth a few bob now

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    I had a really nice TV175 in 1968, now that was fast

Wish I still had it, worth a few bob now
    TV, Cool . I finally sold the Lambretta of my youth (a 1970 GP200) from the back of the garage two Christmas ago for £3000, and my last two Harley-Davidsons (x1 1200cc Sportster and x1 1340cc FXR) two Summers before that. Lambrettas and Harleys owned and loved by the same person though, how weird (I hear you cry). Yep I reply, I am the original Mocker .

I now rag about on classic Jap stuff of the 1970s, and trials bikes, for my two-wheeled buzz. Just sold a CB550, a Z400, and an SLR 650cc however, as want something new to tinker with, so am currently on the lookout for either a Suzuki GT380cc triple, or a Morini 350cc Strada. I'm waffling now, and contravening bump rules (grey area here, I know, as we are in the gentlemen’s quarter ), so is probably best that I stop ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

you have pm

PM replied to Will...

Gareth W.B. Some say...you could never fit on a Lammy.... not me I hasten to add.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    PM replied to Will...

Gareth W.B. Some say...you could never fit on a Lammy.... not me I hasten to add .
    ... Ha ha ... At 6ft.5" and 18+ stone, the 'some' in question, may've had a valid point.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Scooters are gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Scooters are gay.
    Classic!

I'm seriously contemplating a "barge" joke...

I'm seriously contemplating a "barge" joke...
    The only joke is with someone who sells a gun; to fund a an hairdryer.

Enough enough...i'm a mod okay..it's out now,I feel a new man

Still got me Crombie somewhere...if the moths ain't had it.

MOD & PROUD...