Thread: Webley Service Mk.2 Barrels.

Webley Service Mk.2 Barrels.

John Knibbs expect to have replacement .177/.22/.25 Webley Service Barrels available in approximately 2 months, at an estimated cost of £150 - £160.

What does that make a genuine good condition original Webley barrel worth, both numbered and un-numbered ?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    John Knibbs expect to have replacement .177/.22/.25 Webley Service Barrels available in approximately 2 months, at an estimated cost of £150 - £160.

What does that make a genuine good condition original Webley barrel worth, both numbered and un-numbered ?
    Thank you for that David, thank you very much indeed. Will give them a call if still looking myself (probably will be ) end of May then. Regarding value of an original however, had ear-marked up to a max of £200 (inc. secure post) for one in an aged patina, with a batch number, in .177, so if you (or anyone), knows of such an item that could be sold for that, do please let me know . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

They've been promising these barrels for months. They tell me to call back in a couple of months, which I do, and then tell me they are still expected in a couple of months! Still, you never know.

Interesting David...so going by those "calculations" for new barrels..if you had a Webley Service with 3 barrels @ £150 each & the stock/action to go with it say £150...would you be talking about £600 for the lot or more?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Interesting David...so going by those "calculations" for new barrels..if you had a Webley Service with 3 barrels @ £150 each & the stock/action to go with it say £150...would you be talking about £600 for the lot or more?
    More me thinks, as a complete three-barrel rig in good to very good fettle, renovated or otherwise, simply has to be worth £700 and rising, doesn't it ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

It is difficult to estimate a price for a good 3 barrelled set, as so many factors come into play, but I would suggest a starting price of £700, as Gareth has suggested.
    Even one original numbered barrel, and two differently numbered barrels command a substantial price, if the whole kit is in good condition.
    If there is one numbered and two un-numbered barrels, it would fetch even more, and if it is a cased set with three barrels numbered to the action, who knows, particularly if the case is an original Webley authorised case.
    Items such as these seldom appear on the market, so it is very difficult to give a price.
    Some months ago, a dealer/collector friend of mine suggested a boxed single barrelled Service in good condition would fetch £1000+, and a cased three barrelled set could fetch £2000+, but in today's market, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    If a replica barrel costs £160, surely an original barrel, (particularly a .25 ) in good condition should fetch around the £200 mark.

Knibbs Service Barrel

I contacted Knibbs last November to order a .177 barrel and was told 2 months. I'm still waiting!!

I cannot find the website now but one similar to this:-

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...26tbs%3Disch:1

was advertised at £2500 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    I cannot find the website now but one similar to this:-

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...26tbs%3Disch:1

was advertised at £2500 recently.
    Did it sell ?
    It wasn't the one shown in your link, as that's mine.

Did it sell ?
    It wasn't the one shown in your link, as that's mine.
    I know, sorry I did not explain properly - I used your 'photo to demonstrate. I couldn't the example I wanted again but I think it was advertised by Henry Krank - the only one there now is unboxed and one barrel - £875. I recently bought one similar for £300.

If Krank is asking that for a basic example perhaps it is too much to ask £2500 for a boxed 3 barrel and accessories one. However I would pay good money for an example such as yours!!

Sorry to steal your 'photo for demonstration purposes.

That's ok Paul. The pictures on my site are available to all, as long as they're not used for commercial purposes without permission.
    Henry Krank often seem to have items at inflated prices, but presumably, some of them sell.
    Services with a single barrel seem to vary considerably in price according to condition, but £875 seems rather high, unless it is boxed.
    Over the years I have had a few collectors interested in the cased Service, but as it seems to appreciate far better than cash in the bank, I see no point in putting it on the market, yet, but one of these days, who knows.