Thread: colt 1911 co2 pistol

colt 1911 co2 pistol

hi all.
    i have just bought one of these for my 13yr old daughter. it seems a slick bit of kit, good fun. Any pitfalls? Anyone reccomend a good/cheap supplier of co2 bulbs?
    Thanks.
    Doz.

Simple as it seems, our sponsor, http://www.jsramsbottom.com/ have some cracking deals.

The website is not complete, so a view of an ad or a phone call are the way to go.

Because the phones are often busy, I use the ring back feature on my phone when I call them, and it rings me when they are free.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    the grip safety is a bit of a pain in the a**e, easily overcome with an elastic band

and have a look at our sponsors website (jsr) for cheep co2 32p each if you buy 100 at a time
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by doztx200 View Post
    hi all.
    i have just bought one of these for my 13yr old daughter. it seems a slick bit of kit, good fun. Any pitfalls?
    Thanks.
    Doz.
    Yes, these guns must never be forced if (when) they jam or you will have problems. They need to be used by someone who is mechanically sympathetic. I'm not even happy allowing casual friends to use them. Despite the looks they are no way as rugged as the real thing, in fact they are rather fragile.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    They do like Geco pellets. Make sure they are seated properly and you shouldn't have any problems.

The grip safety gets a lot of stick, quite unfairly I think. If you check on most pistol sites for this pistol, the real one, they will illustrate the correct grip to take with this. Once you adopt the grip recommended the Grip Safety almost turns itself off. It is not a strength thing, it's purely an attitude thing. Try it for yourself, it really helped me.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    They do like Geco pellets. Make sure they are seated properly and you shouldn't have any problems.

The grip safety gets a lot of stick, quite unfairly I think. If you check on most pistol sites for this pistol, the real one, they will illustrate the correct grip to take with this. Once you adopt the grip recommended the Grip Safety almost turns itself off. It is not a strength thing, it's purely an attitude thing. Try it for yourself, it really helped me.
    Seconded on the Gecos, and they're cheap as chips to boot.

Paul, could you post a link to one of the pistol sites you referred to? I'm intrigued.

Thanks in advance.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    With Paul on the grip thing, this differs when you're drawing from a holster and against the clock though- then it's easier with it pinned,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Seconded on the Gecos, and they're cheap as chips to boot.

Paul, could you post a link to one of the pistol sites you referred to? I'm intrigued.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm still trying to find it. I know I read it somewhere, I'll keep looking
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Come on Paul get a GRIP we are all waiting

Doz as said above JSR is your place for both Co2 and Geco's.
    Last edited by cookie; 23-04-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

OK, first off a confession, I can't find the article that I was thinking of. I have included a couple of links here that illustrate the principle. The first is an article written by Masaad Ayoob showing the importance of the "high grip"

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

The second is a review on the 1911 by B.B Pelletier in his blog for Pyramid Air. This reinforces the fact that if the correct grip is taken the grip safety operates without you needing to be conscious of it.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/...om-umarex.html

I owned a Colt 1911 for a while and until I adopted the high grip I used to be very conscious of the grip safety.

I do hope this helps & that I haven't built your hopes up that I had discovered the Holy Grail to this problem.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Grip safety

Do both of the new umarex colt's have the grip safety? I was on a spanish website and it refered to the grip safety as non functioning... but perhaps something got lost in translation... Cheers dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    OK, first off a confession, I can't find the article that I was thinking of. I have included a couple of links here that illustrate the principle. The first is an article written by Masaad Ayoob showing the importance of the "high grip"

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html

The second is a review on the 1911 by B.B Pelletier in his blog for Pyramid Air. This reinforces the fact that if the correct grip is taken the grip safety operates without you needing to be conscious of it.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/...om-umarex.html

I owned a Colt 1911 for a while and until I adopted the high grip I used to be very conscious of the grip safety.

I do hope this helps & that I haven't built your hopes up that I had discovered the Holy Grail to this problem.
    Thanks Paul, that's very informative.