Thread: Laughable advert!

Laughable advert!

Good old GGGR recently brought my old G80 back from the dead...so I began to read all I could find out about this workhorse of a gun....an advert in Airgun World describes it thus-
    ""The ultimate air rifle the G80 handles like a dream...a sensation in air rifle shooting never before experienced...the G80 will take the shooting world by storm"
    Laughed all the way through it-I wonder if the person who wrote it had actually ever been near a G80?

Well u have to give it to the add man, we have all bought things influenced by adverts.

Its a good job the airgun press don't make far fetched claims like that any more about the latest piece of re-vamped cr@p.......

Webley typhoon

You have a short memory, what about all the glowing reviews of the semi recoilless Typhoon, you pull the trigger and your point of aim drops 2 in. Jenny Dipple

I was sceptical of the claims on the Typhoon myself, i was then able to try one that had been properly prepaired with all the rough bits taken off. It was a totally different gun, what a pity Webley?AGS- whatever else they call them selves these days could not spend the time to sort them properly before they are sent out to you and me.

G80

I prefered the add with the young girl holding the G80.

missed that one but the fashion is so odd that they arent attractive...

Yes Coburn I remember that, brunette with a fine pair of bristols as I recall,

Good lord...

G80

Oh yes that add was one of my favourite as a teenager however I never bought a G80

G79/G80 my mate had a G79 and I had the all singing all dancing G80!! I had mine for 6 yard bell shooting with a milbro diopter sight very accurate, those were good old days when most pubs had a small range at the back,