Thread: Webley Omega

Webley Omega

Hi, Im new to this section of the board and have a couple of queries concerning a recent aquisition, namely a webley omega. Here goes; is it possible to get hold of the front sight and elements and parts of the rear sight; and can I reduce the weight of the trigger. I need to reblue her but I striped and cleaned/relubed the internals, the spring was a little bent but went back into shape. I put a bearing washer up front but didn't have one the right size for the rear(as it's the early model with steel guide), I'll sort that later. There was no room for a shim between spring and piston unfortunately. I took her out today and zeroed with a Optima 4x40 tv view scope which came with the gun and then proceded to knock 45yd targets up and down. Chrono'd at consistantly just under 11ftlb with superdomes and h&n fieldtargets. All in all a lovely rifle, which I want to restore to former glory, and lighten the trigger. Thanks for any input.
    mankind is merely a gnats fart in the great wind of creation, but it sure does stink up the place.

Hi Dan, the Omega's a lovely little gun, and regarded by many (including me) as the best springer Webley produced. (Gareth W-B is the board's Omega guru if you get stuck!)

I recently bought two Omega's myself , one's an 'as new' example that's tucked up in my gun safe, and the other's a 'very well used' example that I'm restoring for general use. I'm planning to send the action to Colin Molloy at Manchester Airguns for a re-blue (he quoted me £50 +P&P) - ISP airguns are also highly recommended.

Apparently, a lot of the parts for the Omega are interchangeable with the Vulcan Mk2, which gives another option if you can't find original Omega parts. For new parts, there's Chambers (www.gunspares.co.uk), and you can always keep an eye on the 'bay or on here for used parts.

Best of luck,

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Thanks for the feed back Dunk, I've tried Chambers for the parts I need and unfortunately they are out of stock which probably means they are unavailable new. I shall keep em peeled on the bay and here, I'll also give ISP and Colin a ring concerning reblue thanks. I might try Knibbs for the spares as they are quite close to me.
    mankind is merely a gnats fart in the great wind of creation, but it sure does stink up the place.

Ket me know how you get on with Knibbs - always on the lookout for a source of parts!!

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

omega

i know ive said this before and cryin over spilt milk etc etc, but if i could go back to when i were a young man say 23yrs or so and could buy one airrifle it would definately be a .177omega carbine mk2(better trigger) and if i could afford it id buy another omega carbine in .22. Still nevermind could be worse i might of sold my tb90 in .177 a while ago and that would now of been a regret i think in those early days we all shot competively with german rifles and so prejudiced into thinking german rifles were so much better but only after they had all been tuned and converted by a gunsmith, so they weren't that wonderful in the first place, poor old webley never stood a chance with what should of been a viable british alternative to rival germany.