Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA "Chocolate teapot" for sale......

BSA "Chocolate teapot" for sale......

Yes...this has to go too if i'm going to get that Lambretta...

BSA Gun laying Teacher...very few of these come up for sale/auction,so found it very difficult to price this...if you search this on collectables you will see my original thread & a few pics...I can supply more pics if Req.If you are "handy" from an engineering point of view you could mount this so it could be used in the manor it was meant to be used...or if you have a Valentine tank kicking around.... There's information on these in the Blue book & Knibbs's.....

It will be supplied with a couple of original (rubber) tanks/targets. I'm not in any rush to sell....so no daft offers...! Priced to sell...£600 posted.(UK)

First to say on this thread "I will take this" followed by a PM gets it,thank you.
    Last edited by hwvixen; 27-04-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Knocked £50 off...& thats the lot..will use as poker if it doesn't sell.!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Thassss a BRILLIANT advert title for one of these.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Nearly as good as the BSA "Urban spaceman set" earlier!

One has to keep one's sense of humour...

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Nearly as good as the BSA "Urban spaceman set" earlier!

.....I know, I, know........BUT.....being into old guns is like being in the bleedin' CID sometimes....You hear about things in often very strange ways, from a huge variety of people (once you steer the conversation around that is)...there are probably 100's of prewar guns laying about in houses all over the country, many only coming to light when the owners are sadly deceased and the property house clearance people move in.

A very offhand comment about "dad's/granddad's old airgun/guns", or someone seeing a old rifle (I normally have one in my office at work, and people seeing it, and getting onto the subject, have led to conversations that have netted 2 pistols, a mk3 Webley, and several old pellet tins), can lead to a real gem (pun intended), so it is easy to get a bit carried away when it sounds like you have found something special (had some on here excited as well!)

Anyway......not all "leads" are a waste of time....this was the result of a nice guy contacting me with a message that went "don't know if this is your sort of thing, but I know you like BSA air guns"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...38081/sizes/l/

First chocolate teapot bump of the day...

Second BUMP of the day.......

I can see this going for 'Bag a Sand' in non recession times. Bargain I tell yer.

Thanks Binners...

Now...you are a guy who "get's about"....have you ever seen one for sale before on an open market..? ATB,Chris.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Chris, do you own a Velntine tank as well?

No Tank Ollie .... her indoors wouldn't appreciate one of those parked on the drive.. even if I tried to "sell" it to her as a large garden feature...

How's your "baby" doing...any teething problems..

Pics sent.....first to say on here gets it..

snipperuk Guest
    some pics

here

here

here

and here

Thanks Andy,

Must say i'm cr@p at the old David Baily bit....the serial No. by the tap indicates this is quite an early one me thinks..? You can still see the New Zealand army green paint on the cocking block....ATB,Chris.

There must be a re-eneactor with a Valentine somewhere who wants one of these. There is (or was) a .22 rifle club in Wolverhampton that has double doors at the end of the range to allow a tank to stick it's barrel in and fire the airgun down the range. It's mentioned on the target shooting website run by the late, great Frank Spittle.