Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA "Chocolate teapot" for sale......

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Thanks Binners...

Now...you are a guy who "get's about"....have you ever seen one for sale before on an open market..? ATB,Chris.
    NO never seen one... Is it for opening tins?... Is it for getting stones out of horses hoofs?

Trust you to lower the tone Peter.......as you well know.....these were designed for our troops/gunners to get some target practice before being let loose on the real thing...from a factual point of view they probably contributed more to our (recent) british military history than any other airgun..so in my mind deserve to be recognised as such.

The BSA Military Pattern air rifle as far as i'm aware was never used for training purposes..neither was the Webley Service...but these (few remaining) Gun Laying teachers helped our soldiers with range finding & gave them much needed practice therefore enabling our troops to forshorten the war...& save lives..maybe i'm an old romantic..but what other airgun contributed as much?

So i don't think £650 is at all outragious for a small piece of BSA/military history..when some people pay that for a mass produced pre charge rifle....okay..rant over...thanks for the "bump" though Pete..

Bumpage.

Can any of you "anoracks" tell me if these Gun Laying teachers have ever featured in any of the airgun mags.....if not,they should have...

The airgun that helped win the war....now there's a tale..

First bump of the day.....

ogilks....I might have part of the "missing link" you were after...

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    There was an article by John Atkins in the 1990 Airgunner Annual called "British Air Rifle Trainers", and in it he pictures one of these Gun Laying Teachers and discusses in some detail how they work.

Thanks Doc,

I guessed it would have been covered...must have missed that months edition..

Thanks for input Powderfinger..(I won't ask ) I know a guy from "Narfac" who's minus his right thumb do to messing around with blackpowder guns...

First & last reduction..now £600 posted...& if it doesn't go i'll put it back in the cupboard..shame Thanks to those who did PM with info

A little light bumpage...then off to bed.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.....:d

If someone wanted this along with my beloved Webley Service rifle for sale on here I could do a "once in a lifetime" deal...

The boxed Service now gone... this historic Beeza stands forlornly in a corner wondering where his friend has gone...all say ahhhh someone please say you will have him..i'm feeling right guilty now..

Boxed services come & go...but you'll not see another of these for sale anytime soon...

Swaps considered.....