Thread: Cant remove end cap from S200?

Cant remove end cap from S200?

Just got my S200 today but I cant seem to remve the end cap to fill it. I have some rubber grip matt and still cant remove it. When I try the air cylinder starts twisting round Even if I hold the cylinder right the end cap still won't budge.

Is is safe to unscrew the air cylinder fully from the gun and then try and remove the end cap? I tip toeing round this becuase the S200 manual is crap!

Don't want to ruin my gun or blow it up!

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    You can remove the cylinder by unscrewing it from the receiver and you'll get more purchase on that end cap then. My S200 seems to be equipped with a self tightening end cap as no matter how little I leave left to tighten up, it always seems to be death grip tight when I next try to undo it.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    You can remove the cylinder by unscrewing it from the receiver and you'll get more purchase on that end cap then. My S200 seems to be equipped with a self tightening end cap as no matter how little I leave left to tighten up, it always seems to be death grip tight when I next try to undo it.
    Right I have the end cap off now. Is it safe to remove the air cylinder and fill it with the quick fill adapter?

Also I can't find any proper instructions on how to attach the coupling (never used one of these before) Do I simply line up the hole in the adapter to the bit of metal on air cylinder valve and then push on? Do I need to twist the 'T' once my adpater is on? The S200 manual just says 1) Attach adapter hose. Doesnt explain how!

Pump till 170-190 bar, unscrew the release valve on the pump and then pull the house off the air cylinder?

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Yes, you can get an adaptor to fill the cylinder off the rifle.

The brass cup (as I call it) fits over the T-bar on the cylinder and the cup is then rotated so that the T-bar locks it on (the T-bar straddles the T slot in the brass cup). As your using a pump, while you're pumping check the pump body every now & then for warmth. If the pump body is warm, let it rest until cool before continuing to pump. Basically, the warmth creates moisture that the pump might pump into the cylinder. Fill to about 170-190 BAR (you'll have to test your rifle's power to determine which fill pressure it prefer's.... 170, 180, 190). Once desired pressure has been achieved, open the bleed valve to release pressure in the hose then detach the brass cup from the cylinder.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Yes, you can get an adaptor to fill the cylinder off the rifle.
    I meant is it ok to remove the cylinder and fill it the normal way using the brass cup? I can't see how I can attach the brass cup while the cylinder is attached to the rifle without scratching the underside of my barrel. Maybe my brass cup is a large size, although I assume they are all a standard size Also I think the T bar might be a bit funny as even if I could get the brass cup on and twist it, the hole on the cup and air cylinder wouldn't line up

Thanks for the rest of the info! Going to give it another go. Maybe I am just being too careful
    Last edited by HW90Guy; 28-04-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Yes you can remove the cylinder with no problems. you can put a large rubber o ring on it before you put the end cap on and it will stop it self tightening and it will be easier to unscrew.

Just unscrew the cylinder and remove if you find it easier to fill that way

I have had the same problem, but found that a small piece of black insulation tape provided enough protection to do the filling in situ.
    AA S200 .177 (multi shot), Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 3-9x40AO
    AA S400 .177, Nikko Sterling Mountmaster 4-12x50AO