Thread: I have just joined as a 10m & 20yd target shooter

I have just joined as a 10m & 20yd target shooter

Hi folks

I have just joined as someone into 10m & 20yd target shooting (mainly 10m).

I am a member at SEECO shooting club - people at SEECO told me about this site.

Why did I join? Well I do want to buy a rifle and need advice and a seller, also I will look around and see whether I want to post or just read.

I have been shooting for a little while but have been using club rifles. I have finally got too frustrated and decided I need to buy my own (sights change stock not adjusted quite right etc).

I have been shooting an old Fienwaukbower (I am sure I have not spelt that right) and an Original 70 and 75(?).

I prefer my club's Original 75 as the butt on that club gun is adjusted along way down (I must have a long neck). The only trouble is I then have to stick my arm out far to far to be comfortable to bring the end of the gun down.

I doubt I am rich enough to buy one of those guns with all possible adjustments. I think I am looking for either an Original or a Fienwaukbower and I think I will have to put up with cricking my neck down further than I want to.

Any gun suggestions would be much appreciated.

I have left a message at City Air Weapons (Olton) and DAI Leisure (Brierly Hill) to see what they have.

a fineworkblower 300s should do you nicely. they appear on here quite regular.
    try the nsra range at aldersley,wolves. last time i was there they had some 2nd hand stuff.
    they also have a notice board with adverts.

if you really want a challenge try 10m, 20yd pistol shooting
    you dont need all the special clothes etc.etc
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

air rifle

Hi James,
    You have PM
    Jim

Thanks for tips / welcome

I have found someone at SEECO to sell me an Original 75 and they have a rare left hand feinwerkbau 300s for my son too.

So I am now sorted thanks.