Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allcock's outdoor store. Reblue kits

Allcock's outdoor store. Reblue kits

HI JUST TO LET OTHER MEMBERS NO IF THEY ARE GOING TO BUY A BLUE WONDER 2OZ REBLUE KIT THEY ARE £24.69 POSTED FROM ALLCOCK'S OUTDOOR STORE. REAL GOOD PRICE FOR THIS ITEM MAC

Never heard of that make, what's it like compared to the Birchwood Casey ones ?
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

type into google blue wonder

Interesting page.
    I've seen advice give for refurbs many times on here, first time I've heard of a blue melt & looks like good product for a complete strip & re blue.
    http://www.bluewonder.us/Products.html
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I contacted 'Blue Wonder' several years ago, and at that time they had no UK distributors, so it's good to see that has now changed.

Here's the link: Blue Wonder

Any one used any of these products, I'm a little wary of being able to get a good finish.
    Got an old HW80 covered in bumps, scratches & rust.
    Don't want to spend £25 to make it worse.
    Got the stock stripped ready to re oil, not sure whether to leave the action / barrel as is or try a DIY blue kit.
    If I did I'll have to sort the internals out first.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Would be quite interested what sort of results you/anyone who has used this have achieved? whats the finish like?

just orded 1 myself so i will let you no how things go but i dont think you will get the kit any cheaper than this mac

did a search on this stuff recently......wont match a proper hot blue [nothing does] but it seems its the best of the cold blue bunch and priced accordingly...

may give it go soon as my results with other products have been highly erractic.....ranging from tolerable to really bad.
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

same here mate i have tried with other blueing kits. hope this works looks like it may be a bit better to put on mac

Quote Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
    same here mate i have tried with other blueing kits. hope this works looks like it may be a bit better to put on mac
    let us know how you get on mate.....
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

will do mate

in the instructions on the site is says "Then of course you must oil it with Blue Wonder™ Disotec XFR or BreakFree CLP after 12- 24 hours, otherwise it will rust. Other gun oils do not provide adequate rust protection for this initial coat and could cause rusting within 24 hours. " this doesnt seem to be in the kit or anywhere on the site i wonder how much and where you get it

Quote Originally Posted by mak1 View Post
    in the instructions on the site is says "Then of course you must oil it with Blue Wonder™ Disotec XFR or BreakFree CLP after 12- 24 hours, otherwise it will rust. Other gun oils do not provide adequate rust protection for this initial coat and could cause rusting within 24 hours. " this doesnt seem to be in the kit or anywhere on the site i wonder how much and where you get it
    i was thinking the same but i reckon a good quality penetrating oil should do the job

Im amazed at all the interest in this with the price it is and the work you have to put in go use it. Especially with the likes of
    http://www.isp-airrifles.com/page12.htm

And others turning out better than new work at a little more than the cost of the above. Shaun has just done two barrels for me and i sure wont be messing with and patch kit or the like in the future.