Thread: BSA Supersport info please..

BSA Supersport info please..

Hi All,
    I have just replaced the cocking lever on my Marksman 29 and it works! This is a .177 version and I am reliably informed its actually a BSA Supersport. I am not getting much when I google for information so could anyone tell me when these were produced and what power it should be?
    Thanks in advance..

Could be 1986/87?

As Robbon says, the Supersport (according to the BSA website) came out in 1986. I bought mine (.22, number DS28207 I think) in about 1995, and I might be wrong but I think it was described as a Supersport Mk.II. I am really not sure about this though.

I'm sure it's capable of legal limit, but it's a light rifle and in .177 I suspect it woud be happiest at maybe 10.5 ft/lbs. They really are nice, and BSA open sights are good and well worth trying instead of scoping it.

in the june edition of airgun shooter steve pope is doing a step by step strip and tune on a parkerhale striker, which i believe is another supersport variaty they do run fine at legal limit there is even an fac version that i think runs at around 16ft lb ,if you need any more info there is a dedicated supersport section on B.S.A.O.G
    S400 Carbine

Hi,
    thanks for the information-I went out and bought the mag, good tip! Also will have a look at the owners group, thanks again.

I remember buying one in the early 90's from the Airgun Centre. My impressions were nice and light and handy, very smooth to shoot out of the box. However, the weak point was the barrel axis pin which wears and causes barrel droop. I think the deluxe version had a proper bolt through it so you could compensate for wear, may be wrong though.

The Striker is a variation of the Supersport, a Lightning, although the Striker has a 1/2" screw cut barrel.

I find both the Supersport and Lightning just about the harshest springers I've ever used, although a few of them have not been too bad.

My own Supersport was extremely harsh, probably worse than most, but after a bit of work I've managed to tame it. It's still probably the harshest springer in my collection, but there's always been something about it that appeals to me.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

hi cinstone is your supersport in 177 as i have a mercury with both 22 and 177 barrels and it is a totally different gun in 177 very hold sensitive and lots of kick even after all my efforts to smooth it out yet put the 22 on its a very smooth easy to shoot gun and runs around 1.5 ft lb higher as well ?????
    S400 Carbine

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, mine is .177".

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.