Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just starting out and have an offer to buy a Steyr LP50

Quote Originally Posted by Meladdo View Post
    I have no secured an LP50 and look forward to picking it up early next week

NOW what else do I need to get started -
    Pellets! LOTS and LOTS of pellets.

I think I put 700+ through my LP50 last Sunday!

I've just bought 50 tins of Geco's and 30 tins of R10's this week, so I should be O.K. for a month or so!

Mark

I've just bought 50 tins of Geco's and 30 tins of R10's this week, so I should be O.K. for a month or so!
    One day we will all be equal

Cones - Mark

Wonder if you could enlighten me as to what you use to fill your LP50's cylinders? and whats all this about a spacer needed for the fill bottle? and what pressure bottle do you use 232 or 300bar and what connections do you use - just curious as to what other pistol shooters are using for the nitty gritty of filling and what not........

Thanks in advance

Not long now to pick up my LP50

Hi,

I use a large brass 232 bar adaptor which has the Steyr fill device screwed into one side and a Fosters (Daystate type) male adapter in the other side.

I can then couple this to the end of the female Foster adaptor on the end of my fill line on my bottle or my pump.

I use a 300 bar bottle with the MDE (Midland Diving Equipment) standard airgun fill valve.

To fill the Steyr pistol cylinders you do not use the bleed valve as on most other airgun filling.

You connect everything together. Tighten the bleed valve, then slowly open the main air cylinder valve (Or use the pump) and fill to 200Bar. Then close the main valve. You then unscrew the pistol cylinder and the valve inside it closes as it is released by the pip on the fill adaptor. Some air will then vent from the fill line as you do this.

HTH

Mark

This is the adaptor I use.

http://www.best-pcpfittings-quickcou...fillprobes.asp

03M1-FM02

If you just want to get onto the 300 bar bottle without a fill line you need this. 03B2-MF01

HTH

Mark

Many thanks Mark for the info - as good fortune would have it the chap I bought the pistol from was a top fellow and sorted me out with what was needed - I just need the bottle now - O and a pellet catcher for the garden while I find a club

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    Pellets! LOTS and LOTS of pellets.

I think I put 700+ through my LP50 last Sunday!

Mark
    40,000 Pellets kin ell mate thats alot of lead