Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New PCP Accuracy

New PCP Accuracy

I have purchased my first PCP - a Daystate X2 Sports R. Any ideas on how long it will take for the groups to tighten? I am used to a Theoben Evolution and at the moment the group sizes I am getting with the X2 are HUGE compared to the Evo: 30mm+ at 15m! I assume there is a bedding in period but after approx 70 shots things don't seem to be any better. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave. Guest
    Shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as that, have you cleaned the barrel as they sometimes improve dramatically after a good clean, especially new guns.

Yeah - used a pull through on it today - it was pretty dirty. Things have not improved however...

Dave. Guest
    My X2R performed very well with Daystate FT 4.52 pellets, what pellets are you using ?

Wild guess here - if you are using a silencer, it might be clipping the pellets, try removing it and see if the groups tighten up.

zooankski Guest
    my x2 sport made cloverleaf groups at 40 yards strait out of the box-some thing is amiss i think

Silencer clipping sounds favourite to me - then fig. 8? - scope? (substitue a KNOWN good one) - mounts tight - pellet choice? Magazine - have you tried single shot? Have you bench rested it? Got someone else to shoot it? Im sure there will be other ideas suggested. Good luck.
    H.T.H.
    Ian

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    have you altered your grip for the pcp?

You will need to hold it firmer than you are used to holding the evo.

I'm using JSB Exacts in 4.52. I will have a look inside the standard moderator and see if I can see any marks. Its very frustrating - I've used a friends X2 and at 30m its fantastic. Thats why I have bought it! I'll give it a bit more running in but if it doesn't improve then it'll have to go back.

loiner1965 Guest
    let your friend try it and see if he can group better........stages of elimination

I'm a better shot with his rifle than he is - nearly. Hope he doesn't read this ).

I'll get the rifle re-charged (still waiting for the bottle) and do some proper bag rested tests. And if it is still spraying then I'll take it back to the shop and let them sort it out.

As an aside I'm really not that impressed with the finish of the rifle considering the price. There are marks on the cylinder where some rusty water splashes have been left and a line along the cylinder where it doesn't look like its been anodised properly. The safety 'dots' have been left unpainted (red/green) and the charge pressure has not been stamped anywhere. The rifle also recoils more than any other PCP I've fired.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pod; 08-11-2004 at 10:29 AM.

hi pod

i'd e-mail tony belas via the daystate website and give him a heads up on the problems you're having. accuracy aside (which may be down to a number of non-gun related things) the finish of the rifle sounds like it wants checking over.

daystate's after sales service is (IMHO) excellent.

hope you come right m8.

regards
    david
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some ba$tard with a torch bringing me more work.

Dave. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    The rifle also recoils more than any other PCP I've fired.
    I noticed that with mine too, certainly more movement than many other pcp's I've had. Didn't seem to affect the accuracy though, nice cloverleaf groups at 35yds.

sounds very dodgy, not made in china is it?

Quote Originally Posted by gazd2002
    sounds very dodgy, not made in china is it?
    Oh - lets not start THAT one again.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk