Thread: black powder items wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    yes shooting a roa 7.5 inch target version not my first choice of version but it was a bargain

if i may jim i might take you up on that kind offer also i have narrowed it down to 2 possibilities both at opposite ends of the spectrum

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...ducts_id=13876

http://www.sixgunforfun.com/

anyone used the triple p....

anyone rolling their own paper cartridges? boy this is a learning curve from shooting rifles ...

viv
    I can give you chapter & verse on the Triple P .....I have one !)

It's design (in concept) is brilliant - there is a flaw on it that I flagged to the supplier - he was happy to 'correct' the fault by sending a new part ... it never arrived ..

Despite many emails from me (all VERY pleasant & polite - as I wanted to be an agent for them in the UK) - they STILL have not sent a revised part
    I have therefore had to take the most expensive stand/press on the market & modify it myself (cost me around £30 to have a part made) to make it work

Their customer service stinks !!

Roy

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by harricook View Post
    I can give you chapter & verse on the Triple P .....I have one !)

It's design (in concept) is brilliant - there is a flaw on it that I flagged to the supplier - he was happy to 'correct' the fault by sending a new part ... it never arrived ..

Despite many emails from me (all VERY pleasant & polite - as I wanted to be an agent for them in the UK) - they STILL have not sent a revised part
    I have therefore had to take the most expensive stand/press on the market & modify it myself (cost me around £30 to have a part made) to make it work

Their customer service stinks !!

Roy
    I can't speak from personal experience re either. However, the SixGun product is nearly triple the price: and from Roy's experience, it isn't nearly triple the quality, or the service.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I can't speak from personal experience re either. However, the SixGun product is nearly triple the price: and from Roy's experience, it isn't nearly triple the quality, or the service.

Jim
    triple p looks like a nice piece of kit and quite fancy one myself bur a bit concerned over this fault....can you explain abit more please

greenshoots Guest
    just sent the inventor of the triple p a email to see if he can clear up some issues raised here..

viv

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    triple p looks like a nice piece of kit and quite fancy one myself bur a bit concerned over this fault....can you explain abit more please
    Roy?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Roy?

Jim
    oooooopppps.....

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    If you check out the video on his website - this description will make a LOT more sense.

The ram moves up & down through a block that guides it

This block has a bronze bush in it
    Either the bock/guide it too thin (not enough height/thickness) - or the bush has too much play ..... or both ......

What effectively happens - is just like a mastic gun - as there is too much 'play' - the ram locks in place when you attempt to ram a ball in place

I flagged it to sixgunforfun during our - "can I be your agent" emails & he said yes - he had a few design problems & he would send a new guide & he may also replace the bronze bush for another material

That was the last time I heard anything

I have paid £30 for a mod to be made to the loader - not the most elegant mod - but anything better would have cost me more money - It now works !

When you consider this press is at least double anything else on the market I was a little diasappointed to say the least

The other disappointment - is that every time I use it on the range I get LOADS of people interested in it & had the supplier sorted it - I would be selling them here in the UK now ..

Roy

greenshoots Guest
    I have paid £30 for a mod to be made to the loader - not the most elegant mod - but anything better would have cost me more money - It now works !

When you consider this press is at least double anything else on the market I was a little diasappointed to say the least

The other disappointment - is that every time I use it on the range I get LOADS of people interested in it & had the supplier sorted it - I would be selling them here in the UK now ..
    understandable and annoying pity because i really like the look of it, it seems to have some serious play value.....

viv

Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    understandable and annoying pity because i really like the look of it, it seems to have some serious play value.....

viv
    Hi Viv

What is also REALLY stupid (and this is me not the press !) is that one of the main reasons I bought it was that I was shooting a Ruger OA & Dad was shooting a Remington NMA
    So the press allowed us to change between the two in seconds due to rotating base etc

Now we both shoot a Ruger OA & a Cheap 'fixed base'/non adjustable one would do .....DOH !!

Stupis of Warfield !

Roy

greenshoots Guest
    update on this just took del from henry kranks of a cylinder loading tool it fits the ruger old army and is very compact cost £29 + £4 shipping

viv