Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: black powder items wanted

Hi Jim,
    Thank you very much for the offer, but I may have got it sorted now, as a friend of mine has told me that he's started making springs and he might have the correct mandrel for the size of my spring.
    I still may take you up on your kind offer if he can't do it, if you don't mind.

Thanks again

Baz
    Toys : .308 Rem 700 SPS Tac, 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin K31, 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant M44, .45/70 Browning Mod 1885 HWTR, 8x60R Portuguese Kropatscheck, .58cal PH 1861 Enfield Carbine, .22LR-CZ452 Silhouette Tac, .22LR Smith & Wesson-M&P 15-22-M4 Carbine

Hi Roy,

I can see what the advantages are with one of these stands, if like yours, the club is very busy. But our club is rarely that busy and most of the time, there might be only myself and another shooter on our 25mtr range and we can arrange it, so we both go forward at the same time. I do see your point though.

All the best
    Baz
    Toys : .308 Rem 700 SPS Tac, 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin K31, 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant M44, .45/70 Browning Mod 1885 HWTR, 8x60R Portuguese Kropatscheck, .58cal PH 1861 Enfield Carbine, .22LR-CZ452 Silhouette Tac, .22LR Smith & Wesson-M&P 15-22-M4 Carbine

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG REACH View Post
    Hi Jim,
    Thank you very much for the offer, but I may have got it sorted now, as a friend of mine has told me that he's started making springs and he might have the correct mandrel for the size of my spring.
    I still may take you up on your kind offer if he can't do it, if you don't mind.

Thanks again

Baz
    I'm here if you need me, Baz.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thank you very much Jim, you're a star !!! But now you've done it, because there's quite a few things on my wish list

Many Thanks

All the best
    Baz

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG REACH View Post
    Thank you very much Jim, you're a star !!! But now you've done it, because there's quite a few things on my wish list

Many Thanks

All the best
    Baz
    Let me have it!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    triple p looks like a nice piece of kit and quite fancy one myself bur a bit concerned over this fault....can you explain abit more please
    If you check out the video on his website - this description will make a LOT more sense.

The ram moves up & down through a block that guides it

This block has a bronze bush in it
    Either the bock/guide it too thin (not enough height/thickness) - or the bush has too much play ..... or both ......

What effectively happens - is just like a mastic gun - as there is too much 'play' - the ram locks in place when you attempt to ram a ball in place

I flagged it to sixgunforfun during our - "can I be your agent" emails & he said yes - he had a few design problems & he would send a new guide & he may also replace the bronze bush for another material

That was the last time I heard anything

I have paid £30 for a mod to be made to the loader - not the most elegant mod - but anything better would have cost me more money - It now works !

When you consider this press is at least double anything else on the market I was a little diasappointed to say the least

The other disappointment - is that every time I use it on the range I get LOADS of people interested in it & had the supplier sorted it - I would be selling them here in the UK now ..

Roy

greenshoots Guest
    I have paid £30 for a mod to be made to the loader - not the most elegant mod - but anything better would have cost me more money - It now works !

When you consider this press is at least double anything else on the market I was a little diasappointed to say the least

The other disappointment - is that every time I use it on the range I get LOADS of people interested in it & had the supplier sorted it - I would be selling them here in the UK now ..
    understandable and annoying pity because i really like the look of it, it seems to have some serious play value.....

viv

Quote Originally Posted by greenshoots View Post
    understandable and annoying pity because i really like the look of it, it seems to have some serious play value.....

viv
    Hi Viv

What is also REALLY stupid (and this is me not the press !) is that one of the main reasons I bought it was that I was shooting a Ruger OA & Dad was shooting a Remington NMA
    So the press allowed us to change between the two in seconds due to rotating base etc

Now we both shoot a Ruger OA & a Cheap 'fixed base'/non adjustable one would do .....DOH !!

Stupis of Warfield !

Roy

greenshoots Guest
    update on this just took del from henry kranks of a cylinder loading tool it fits the ruger old army and is very compact cost £29 + £4 shipping

viv

Hi greenshoots

any links to this please ?

Cheers

Roy

greenshoots Guest
    seems they have done away with their online catalouge order a copy of their new catalouge its in there one for the 36 and one for the 44/45

viv

seems they have done away with their online catalouge order a copy of their new catalouge its in there one for the 36 and one for the 44/45

viv
    Hiya

Do you have the part number of the one you bought ?

Cheers

Roy

greenshoots Guest
    page 92 item no 1349b revolver loading stand.......

viv

Kranks catalogue is on-line. Looking at it tonight

page 92 item no 1349b revolver loading stand.......

viv
    Cheers Viv - got it !

My only problem with that type is that is does not have an adjustable stop - but a bargain compared to what I have paid !!

......and it works without a modification

Cheers for that

Roy