Thread: You meet some decent people via this site!

You meet some decent people via this site!

Having arranged to meet a fellow BBS member to purchase a Feinwerkbau 124, and following him taking pity on my previous lack of Feinwerkbauness, I am now the proud owner of an excellently conditioned 124 and am chuffed to bits! (Thanks Matthew.)

In addition to delivering my long waited for arrival, Matthew also brought along a couple of period scopes, one of which will soon be permanently attached to its new partner. Rather than demand payment for these two additional items, Matthew has allowed me to check them out prior to any form of payment being made.

In addition to dealing with a genuine gent as a result of this forum, it is pleasing to note that this positive behaviour is partly due to this great interactive ongoing conversation that we all have when discussing our favourite hobby. Happy days !!!

I will of course report back on my new girls performance when I get the opportunity. Take care out there!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Welcome to the Feinwerkbau club! Alas I am yet to sample a Sport but I am happy with my target guns for now.

Yes, there are some great people on here. Powderfinger is a thoroughly good man (he delivered my 300S personally) and Taz is a great guy (although I don't think I've seen him in the collectables room).

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

You do indeed, made some great mates and met some very decent chaps via this website, Ive made some good pals at verious clubs Ive been to in Midlands because of this here BBS. ie been to Woodlands, Roughwedge, Crossguns,Furnace Mill, Kibworth,Millride. Top folks all.

As a newbie to this site it is reassuring to note that here is positive interaction between people in the real world as well as the virtual.

I am actively involved as a staff member in another (non airgun), and much larger site. It is great to see the similarities between the two.

I like it here.

Glad to have helped

Hi Andy,
    It was great to meet you today as well. I am sure that you never slept a wink last night in anticipation of your new arrival!

Very pleased that you are so happy with the old girl. Hope you get to use it over the weekend - just remember don't take her out in the wet!

I had a thumping journey home with the bank holiday traffic! let me know over the weekend how you get on with it. I may be ordering some parts from Maccari shortly for my Diana Air King so if you want anything from them without the hassle of the postage let me know and I'll get them for you.

Look forward to doing some shooting together in the summer. Keep in touch.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Steve Valentine Guest
    I've met some really great blokes, I've also met some ####ing wierdo's

I probably fall into the "weirdo" category Steve(or so I am told on a regular basis........)
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !