Thread: Valmet .22 target rifle

Valmet .22 target rifle

Hi to all
    Please accept my appologises if I get this wrong but I am new to target paper punching and it is loaded with technical stuff that I have not learnt yet.
    The rifle I have purchased is in wonderfull condition even though it is fairly old and it shoots lovely and yes it is very much loved even though I have only owned it for about 36hrs.lol. My problem is the rear sight orifice is to big, I have tried the club sights and they dont fit (Anshultz), its been said that I wont be able to get parts for this rifle, however I am not going to give up that easy. The orifice unscrews and is smaller thread than the anshultz.
    If you have any spares that may be of use to me please contact me and let me know how much you are looking for and I will very much apprietiate any advice you can give me, maybe someone who machines parts.
    Thanks to all
    Mick
    HW100KT .177cal, FWB300s .177cal,Steve Pope lazaglide tuned resetable safety
    HW97K .22cal, Brocock contour .177cal.
    FAC Valmet lion .22RF Target Rifle.

Have you considered moving the rearsight further forwards? This would reduce the apparent size of the aperture (an orifice is rather different).

From memory Valemt used a proprietary sized thread for the rearsight eyepeice. Anschutz use a 9x1.5 thread (or is it a 9.5x1mm), which is now standard for most continental rifles/sights.

You could try getting an adaptor made, so an Anschutz eyepiece (or an adjustable iris aperture as made by Gehmann or Centra) could be fitted. Although this would move the eyepiece nearer to your eye, possibly too close.

I am sure there are spares and parts for these rifles out there. Try contacting as many gunshops as you can to ask if they have any sights or other parts knocking about in their attics.

sigths

Hi
    Do you mean the eye peice from the Anschutz won't fit or the whole sight won't fit the rail.I have various complete rear sights so if you give me the width of the rail,I may be able to find something to replace your existing sight.
    Regards John F.

Try rimfirecentral.com
    LOTS of rimfire info there, on the Valmet as well.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    Hi
    Do you mean the eye peice from the Anschutz won't fit or the whole sight won't fit the rail.I have various complete rear sights so if you give me the width of the rail,I may be able to find something to replace your existing sight.
    Regards John F.
    Reading Mick's post he clearly means the eyepeice rather than the rearsight itself. However in both cases an Anschutz unit wouldn't fit. Valmet eyepeices are considerably smaller than an Anschutz, similar in size to a Parker-Hale (whether it's the same is another question). Valmet rearsights mount onto the receiver, by a bar that slides into a recess in the LHS, whereas Anschutz use a dovetail on the top, so these are not interchangeable.

target sights

Hi Mick.
    As I said in my last offer to help,I have a box full of sights made by many makers ,I have small diamiter threads larger diamiter threads ,male to female bits for smaller to bigger threads,anschutz, walther, AJ parker, parker hale,some fit the rail on top .some fit on the side L/H and R/H,and some that need fixing to the top of the action with 2 screws, so i just may have somthing to fit.Maybe the conversion piece from small to large will fit the bill.
    HimSelf