Thread: Alecto problem

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then

Alecto problem

I know that Webley have probably sold more Alecto's that Starbucks have sold coffee's, and they seem to be reliable, but I wondered if anyone has had the same problem as me.
    My Alecto is a couple of months old, and I've shot with it on several occasions with no problems, but today at the Redhill Revolvers meet (at Leicester), the gun started o.k. for the first couple of dozen shots, then the trigger went faulty.
    If I snatched the trigger (i.e. went through first and second stage very quickly), the gun fired o.k., but if I squeezed very slowly, as the trigger approached second stage, I could feel something in the gun "give" (with sort of a soft click), and the trigger could be pulled all the way back without firing.
    Repeated trigger pulls would not fire the gun until the top was opened again to reset the trigger, but if I pulled very slowly again, the same would happen.
    I've tried adjusting the pull and travel of the trigger, but it didn't make any difference.
    Anyone had anything similar, or anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?
    Or is it back to the shop?????

Thanks.

Bob.

I have had my Alecto for about the same amount of time and only used it for about 50 shots, but never experienced this problem.
    I have made trigger adjustments today for the first time as I have small hands and will let you know if I get any problems. However only been able to change the right/left and forward/back, as I cannot locate the tool on the spring strength or length of trigger pull for some reason. Next step may be back to the shop.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by discotwo View Post
    I have had my Alecto for about the same amount of time and only used it for about 50 shots, but never experienced this problem.
    I have made trigger adjustments today for the first time as I have small hands and will let you know if I get any problems. However only been able to change the right/left and forward/back, as I cannot locate the tool on the spring strength or length of trigger pull for some reason. Next step may be back to the shop.

Phil
    I must admit that it's not easy to locate the travel adjuster (at the back) because it's not in line with the hole, and I had to remove the grips to locate the pull because the tool just wouldn't locate in the screw adjuster. I was discussing this with a guy at Redhill, and he was having the same issues with the adjusters on his Alecto.
    Strangely, after taking the grips off again, and removing the travel screw, then replacing it, I've dry-fired the gun a few dozen times, and it seems to be working o.k. now. Very odd!

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    I must admit that it's not easy to locate the travel adjuster (at the back) because it's not in line with the hole, and I had to remove the grips to locate the pull because the tool just wouldn't locate in the screw adjuster. I was discussing this with a guy at Redhill, and he was having the same issues with the adjusters on his Alecto.
    Strangely, after taking the grips off again, and removing the travel screw, then replacing it, I've dry-fired the gun a few dozen times, and it seems to be working o.k. now. Very odd!

Bob.
    Hi Bob, that was me. Glad you got to "grips" with the pull weight adjuster, obviously you had to do the same as me and dismantle the gun to get at it I hope that whatever you have done has sorted the trigger issues as when these things work properly they are AWESOME

All the best mate
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Hi Bob, that was me. Glad you got to "grips" with the pull weight adjuster, obviously you had to do the same as me and dismantle the gun to get at it I hope that whatever you have done has sorted the trigger issues as when these things work properly they are AWESOME

All the best mate
    Bob
    Thanks Bob, and thanks for the shoot yesterday. I don't know what I actually did to change the Alecto, but so far it seems to (dry) shoot o.k. I guess if it's going to go wrong, it will be in the middle of a comp, so next time is at Kibby, so I'll just demo the fault to the guys in the shop, then drop it back in when I've removed the scope and replaced the sights.

Bob.

Comps seem to bring out the worst in our ironware During the 2nd round of the Kibworth pistol HFT my HW45 Silver Star trigger went belly up too!
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Comps seem to bring out the worst in our ironware During the 2nd round of the Kibworth pistol HFT my HW45 Silver Star trigger went belly up too!
    Hey, I remember that (it was me that lent you my Silverstar to complete the course!).

Bob.

LOL, hey well, thanks for that I was nearly able to return the favour. I just hope your alecto gets sorted for you without too much trouble. Mick and Richard in the Kibby shop sent the HW45 off for repair and it only took 2 weeks to get it back.