Thread: Tau7-best pellets for it?

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off

Tau7-best pellets for it?

I've just bought a Tau7 standard, and would like to know which pellets suit it best.
    I'm using cheapo Gecos at the moment, but wondering if anyone found something else better suited before I buy loads of different types.
    Thanks
    Garry

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    any target pistol deserves better try rws r10 match
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    H&N Match High Speed worked very well in mine.

I've just bought a Tau7 standard, and would like to know which pellets suit it best.
    I'm using cheapo Gecos at the moment, but wondering if anyone found something else better suited before I buy loads of different types.
    Thanks
    Garry
    If you are shooting better than 540 then think about batch testing some pellets, otherwise stick to Gecco. You'll be able to afford more practice which will benefit you far more than more expensive pellets.

Rutty

Mine shoots very well with Gecos. I bought a few tins of R10, which are also excellent, but I can't shoot well enough to exploit the difference (if there is any). Gecos are superb for the price.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Looks like I'll use the Gecos for now then as they have most votes.
    If I start doing well enough, I'll then look at better pellets as suggested.

Thanks for the replies all.
    Last edited by Garry; 02-05-2010 at 11:39 PM.

It will nót like RWS R10! Every pistol is different! Is all my Tau's, JSB match shoots best! Try these! Pistol ánd Rifle match. As mine like rifle match best!In 4.50 Dont forget to lube yr pellets against rust!
    ATB,
    yana

Bisley Practice are fine with this gun and they don't cost as much as RWS etc. They are made by H&N for Rothary.
    IanR
    Daystate MK4 S .177 ~ Steyr LP2 ~ Brno Tau-7

Geco's are fine for most target-shooters. Only when you are shooting very high scores will you find that the pellets need to be upgraded.

I concur with previous posts i have a tau 7 and find bisley practice work well and they are half the price of others ....