Thread: Feinwerkbau .22 ??

Feinwerkbau .22 ??

Hi
    I have a Feinwerkbau .22 break barrel air rifle for over a year that needs a new piston.
    Trouble is that I am told its a really difficult job to get parts and to fit?
    I have mentioned this before about a year ago but got busy with work and did no more with it

Any advice would be appreciated as it looks a nice gun although it needs refinishing to stock and action. Cheers

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Is the piston missing or damaged? Or is it just the piston seal that you need? Piston seals are easy to get.

A damaged piston might be repairable, but a missing one will be very expensive to have made up.

I think I might be inclined to let the gunsmith have a look unless you have a spring compressor and are mechanically experienced with guns! The gun is well worth the effort though. They are a true classic and lovely to shoot.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Might be able to help Bret..give me a pm...

Quote Originally Posted by BRET22 View Post
    Hi
    I have a Feinwerkbau .22 break barrel air rifle for over a year that needs a new piston.
    Trouble is that I am told its a really difficult job to get parts and to fit?
    I have mentioned this before about a year ago but got busy with work and did no more with it

Any advice would be appreciated as it looks a nice gun although it needs refinishing to stock and action. Cheers
    do you mean piston seal as they are easily obtainable
    if the problem is with the piston then please elaborate as someone may be able to help / advise , once we know what you need

Thanks lads for the advice

I am pretty certain that the piston has come apart as when you cock and fire it the pellet stays in the barrel

You are right they are a nice gun arent they? even though this wants a fair bit of TLC if you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BRET22 View Post
    Thanks lads for the advice

I am pretty certain that the piston has come apart as when you cock and fire it the pellet stays in the barrel

You are right they are a nice gun arent they? even though this wants a fair bit of TLC if you know what I mean?
    its the seal i am 100% sure
    they tend to disintegrate / usually if they have been stood for any length of time
    john knibbs do them

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I just rebuilt mine, the piston is indestructible & it will be the nylon seal turned to mush. Buy a Maccari old school kit & turn it into a new rifle, then enjoy!

The piston seal on a 'Sport is known for deteriorating with age. Its not a difficult job to change it but a spring compressor IS strongly recommended.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Ray advises me that it is possible to just push the Maccari Old School spring in by hand Ian. Although you would of course need a compressor to get the old one out! Considering one of these kits myself actually. Do they still produce the 10.5 plus, but more importantly are they consistent?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Ray advises me that it is possible to just push the Maccari Old School spring in by hand Ian. Although you would of course need a compressor to get the old one out! Considering one of these kits myself actually. Do they still produce the 10.5 plus, but more importantly are they consistent?
    Andy
    the one i fitted to patricio ( EL MAIPINOs ) gave about 15 ft lbs
    i had to reduce the spacer to get it below the limit / but his was a MASTERSPORT and patricio thinks he may have ordered the FAC one by mistake
    so be careful which one you get
    after i altered it it was beautiful to shoot though

Oooh err ! Will make sure mine is less than 15 ! Cheers, Andy