Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall/ Whalley Crossman

Marshall/ Whalley Crossman

I remember these as a kid. Faboulus period advert in agw from 1980s. How much would one of these go for today and are they really any good or was it all hype! youre help appreciated Gents and ladies.

Bormla Malta (& sometimes odd bits of Brit)
    Definitely all hype - and I say that speaking as the owner of one. Not as good as a Sheridan, let alone a Sharp.

Their value as collectors' items far exceeds their intrinsic value as a shooting machine, because they (I guess along with HW35 Vixens) started off the whole "custom air rifle" thing. In other words, buy one as a piece of history if you must, but for no other reason.

Adrian

Totally agree with Adrian. Fantastic write-up at the time in AGW, but the realities are far different. I own one that is partially dismantled now, under a bed somewhere. Nice idea, but the raw materials are rubbish.

Hi,
    my mates and I all started to save up for one of these but they were far too expensive...never even seen one let alone held one...still I get the tingly feeling when I think of the adverts...

One to possibly avoid then guys. atb

yes they look the part ive only seen 2 the insides were siver solder i was told so no messing with to keep on the right side i still love reading those old bits in air gun world
    ferret

Bormla Malta (& sometimes odd bits of Brit)

Valuation

To return to the original question, this thread has set me wondering what mine might be worth? It is in near-mint hardly-used condition, with original (not perfect) box and paperwork.

Adrian

Heap of junk based on the Crosman 761XL, if you want accuracy get a Gat pistol instead!

Value? Not sure, they have no redeeming features probably of interest to a collector so he can say he owns a piece of shooting history....

I'll stick my neck out and guess at £30-£40.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

£40 waiting here wot u got

ferret

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    To return to the original question, this thread has set me wondering what mine might be worth? It is in near-mint hardly-used condition, with original (not perfect) box and paperwork.

Adrian
    Do you want to sell it mate?

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    Do you want to sell it mate?
    I'd have read of the forum rules mate....
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post

Adrian
    I think that it is worth at least 200 pounds because it is rare, it is in good condition and it is a 'celebrity nostalgia' air-rifle. It is fragile and not quite as good as the write-ups made it out to be, but a BSA Merlin is also fragile and not great but worth quite alot because they are rare and interesting. The Jackal range were not great guns and they go for alot becaue of nostalgia and rare-is-interesting factor. I'd love to test the Whaley/Marshall Crosman on a range and see what it could REALLY do. And they did come with interesting wood sometimes.

Yes i would love to see that report in AGW, one for our Jim Maybe. Dose the hype actually stand up

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Yes i would love to see that report in AGW, one for our Jim Maybe. Dose the hype actually stand up
    Might need a re-seal by Lawrie - it has been sitting in a box for 30 years!

A reseal by Lawrie would be first on my list,