Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: feinwerkbau sport

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    unfortunately not was my favourite shop ever for airguns she had something for everyone / dont think I ever visited without coming away with something really miss JEANS
    Jean is still about.

She was the victim in an attempted murder attack (don't know any more) and says she was hoping to get back into the Trade working for someone.
    This was quite a few months ago and I've heard nothing since.

ATB
    Ray.

What a fine collection of our German friends best engineered and performing spring gun members of this site have!
    I thought it was just me that has a passion for this particular model. I am jealous that I cant afford a few more myself(if I could find any!) Having just re-acquired a good example of our slim and feisty germanic beauty, I had forgotten how much fun they are to shoot and just how accurate they can be. As a matter of interest chaps, are your 124s running at about 10.8-11? Both this gun and the last develop similar muzzle energies with JSB 8.4s. Found this to be the preffered diet with Superdome coming a close second.
    l am currently contemplating a Maccari "Old school" conversion to reduce the spring twang a touch and would appreciate any thoughts or comments from any of you that have fitted them.
    I have heard some favourable stories from people that visited" Jeans Military Memories" but never got round to dropping in myself. Remember scanning the monthly used adds in "Gun-Mart" though!
    Cheers,
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Took some pics of mine over the weekend, have a look -

http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/r...man/fwb%20127/

Its had a colourful life, including a full reblue, plus another barrel reblue, barrel straightening, new trigger, macarri old school kit and 2 different stocks

Superb rifles

What a fine looking rifle! Hope she didnt fall off the wall though. I reckon that you really get to enjoy shooting and just plain owning a gun more when you both have history together, such as the effort you have put into getting her into A1 condition. They certainly dont make them as nice as this anymore. Incidentaly, I am considering fitting a trigger shoe to mine to try and improve the one weakness of the gun compared to the "Record" trigger in the HW family.
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    What a fine looking rifle! Hope she didnt fall off the wall though. I reckon that you really get to enjoy shooting and just plain owning a gun more when you both have history together, such as the effort you have put into getting her into A1 condition. They certainly dont make them as nice as this anymore. Incidentaly, I am considering fitting a trigger shoe to mine to try and improve the one weakness of the gun compared to the "Record" trigger in the HW family.
    Andy.
    Thanks Andy

Hmmm, trigger shoe eh?...never thought of that before, might be tempted myself

Just arrived home after picking up my latest FWB 127 from a gentleman who bought it new in 1979. He is now 71 years old, fit as a butcher's dog and was waiting for a friend to pick him up to go lamping for rabbits!
    When I arrived to view the 127, which is in mint condition, I was shown a .177 barrel, purchased at the same time, with the intention of changing calibres from time to time, but never used. This barrel was also included in the original sale price. In addition to the 127 and the spare .177 barrel, he produced 2 unused, original piston seals, a quantity of .22 'bullet' pellets and a spare rear sight and promised to forward a number of other spare seals and service parts for the rifle that he had 'put away' somewhere!
    As my son and I drove the 30 odd miles back home, I couldn't help myself from saying how Christmas actually does come early if you wait long enough!
    The FWB collection now consists of four 127's, two 124's a 121 and a 300s, so I may change a 127 barrel over just to balance the numbers.
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

are you liking the 121?

Quote Originally Posted by bigchap View Post
    are you liking the 121?
    Yes Steve, no problems at all. May even transfer the .177 barrel to the 121 while I get the vice marks out of it's present barrel!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

vice marks?,not by me.

I Have 6 of the cute little FWB 124 buggers myself, Thumbhole Latest One!

I've been sort of "accumulating" these of late,...whenever i see a nice example or something special.

My latest just came a few days ago,....in a not often seen these days......

......an older but mint THUMBHOLE walnut stock! When's the last time you've seen one of these? Pretty sure it's an older Maccari one,....but not sure. Has hand checkering on the grip and forearm areas,....which makes for a really secure gripping surface.

Three of my other 124's i've restocked with attractive Maccari walnut stocks,....seem to pick them up when i get a chance, as they're not always available anyway. One has an almost exibition grade look to it!

Most of them i've also rebuilt myself,....putting Maccari "Everest" full power kits in them. What a great reason to aquire a spring compressor,.....and have a go at it.

I know i spend a lot more time cleaning and lubing than the guys trying to make a living at this can. Plus it's great relaxation, and a good way to become familiar with your girl's "inner self".

Here are some pics of the thumbhole walnut stock,...and also of my favorite Maccari sporter stock,.....almost exibition grade!

....and some of the Maccari sporter:

Love that deep sharp and clean checkering!

And oneof Jim's pics from where i purchased it:

Both having been rebuild over the last week or so,.....shoot hard and are super smooth,.....but DO take a bit more muscle power to cock.
    Not a problem for most folks in reasonable health,....and way under an R1 or similiar....

Fwb

Protek Supplies have got another FWB Sport on their website if you want another......

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi joejeweler. Superb first post as above my friend, truly superb, and welcome to the BBS and collectors corner (the best bit imo ). Think you're gonna fit right in . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Well Joe, certainly some fine looking Sports there! Nice to see that the appreciation of such fine guns spreads accross the Atlantic.
    I only have a 124 at present but will be looking for a 127 when I can afford(or find)one. Its a pity that they dont make them anymore. The nearest thing to one here is the Weihrauch HW95.
    Andy

Thanks Guys......

Thanks guys,......the FWB 124 has always been one of my very favorites, as evidence in me having aquired 6 of them and always looking to add! lol

......someday i'll find a nice FWB 127 also,....just don't see nice "reasonably priced" ones around.

I keep them in various stages of dress,.....one in a Maccari walnut stock and stainless steel trigger,...and fitted a R1 steel front sight that takes a variety of inserts, and put a FWB 300S match rear aperture on it.

It's not quite finished yet, however,....as i really have to work my head low in order to look thru the peep hole! lol So i have a used set of FWB risers coming that should ease my head into a more managable position,.....similiar to scope height i'd think.

The walnut thumbhole stocked one presented a few posts above is my "old school" field target rig",....whic unfortunately there are no clubs nearby. So that will wait for now.

My FWB 124 hunting rig is stocked in that wonderful Maccari walnut stock also pictured above,.....and had a Leuplod 3-9X33 EFR Ultralight scope mounted in SportsMatch 1 piece mounts.

Another 124 is in a very nice walnut Maccari sporter stock has the 2 piece SportMatch webly style 2 piece mounts, and topped with a (sadly) discontinued Burris Compact 6X AO scope with finger adjustable "Hunter" knobs under the caps.

The last rig above is what the FWB 124 excells at,....being a light weight, effecient field rifle that is born to shoot in woods or fields,....at any sensible hunting ranges!

.and a really special very early serial # 82XX FWB 124 D that Beeman's imported when they first started their business. The rifle is stamped when they sold from thier home,....and stamped with the Beeman San Anselmo markings.

The action is full mint,....while the deluxe stock has a few light pressure marks. I haven's tried to shoot it yet, for fear the piston seal is rotted out as they most always are. I plan to replace just the that seal,....and clean and relube the original mainspring to keep it a piece of early FWB 124 history.

.....the same wonderful gentleman that sold me the thumbstock FWB 124 also sold me this at a most generous price. (his cost and not much more than a much newer example!).

He's older now and wanted it to end up in appreciative hands,.......

........i think he found the right guy! lol

By the way,......i have branched out a bit also.

I also own a Paul Watts tuned R1 in a walnut tyro stock that had the barrel shortened, shrouded, and re-choked, as well as his usual wonderful trigger work!

A Paul Watts tuned .22 cal. TX200HC MK III that i put into an older nicely figured walnut factory stock that has the old style hand checkering. I bould this TX200 in .177 "just" for the stock! lol (it's that nice)

Another tuned TX200HC MKIII in a custom Maccari CHERRY tyro stock.

.....a ProSport walnut (nicely grained) in "custom" .20 cal

A Model 52 Lexus in .177

......and many FWB 300s and FWB 150 target rifles.

......i got it BAD! lol

You are also very lucky Joe! Wish I had just a few of those residing in my own gun cabinet. Its interesting that you havent mentioned PCPs, "souless" I think.
    Andy