Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you live in London?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Live outside of london and get the train in if you want a bit of culture.

Horrible place, best avoided.

Bisley have some nice caravans
    We actually enjoy London! Though we've considered your "commuting" idea as well.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    My wife and I have visited London (and other places in England) the past three years - can't make it this year, though - and have toyed with the idea (just that) of possibly moving there for a period of time after she retires (I retired last December ).

I was wondering if there were any places in London, reachable by the tube preferably since there's no way we'd maintain a vehicle there, that I could go to do some shooting.

Jim
    OK. That makes sense. You need to understand that "Living in London" includes a huge area, and would include Croydon, Ham and Petersham and Wandsworth (and probably other areas with clubs that I don't know about). London has a pretty good public transport system: the Wandsworth club is very close to a railway station, Croydon is right next to a tram stop. If you decide to move to London then I'm sure you could get a lot of advice from here about where to live. I have no idea if your sig is accurate, but canal- or river-dwelling is perfectly possible in London.

U.