Thread: old pecar scope

old pecar scope

A freind picked me up a german made pecar champion 8x45 scope at the car boot on sunday, it's very well built & has exellent glass in it. the paint is worn & it has the original lens covers & is very heavy(600g). It came with unusual steel mounts with rounded arrestor section protruding out the underside. Anyone any idea of value or info on it please?

edbear2 Guest
    That is a super find!.......Do some online research, and you will get a nice surprise value wise

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    That is a super find!.......Do some online research, and you will get a nice surprise value wise
    I agree , they have awesome optics and can be worh a few bob too !

Well done

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Thanks folks

Thats cheered me up, knew it was a good un but no idea they were that good! Looks like great car booty.

Found a few up to date prices on used / good condition between - £190 - £265 .

Do a thorough search though as prices vary , I think these have the interchangable turret too ?????

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

These folks don't have a clue....it is worthless....let me take it off your hands for a (very) generous tenner...

Seriously though - good find and please do not post how much he (or you) paid for it....it will only upset me

pecar update

I found that the scope had a broken adjuster screw & wouldn't zero . I Discovered that it is the interchangeble reticule model & found a new spare turret mech with reticule for £50. However I've managed to solder the square head back on the small scew & got it zeroed (after re-px'ing) & what a clear great scope. I wish I could buy the spare tiny brass screw alone or find someone who could make me one . Any modelmakers out there? Pecar went bust in 2007 but they were warrenty'd for 30yrs! Will try scope repair places on monday or it's a new mech for it. I thought I'd got a bargain with a leupold vx-1 4-12 x 40 I bought for £70 for my son recently but this scope makes it look chinese!! They're both keepers, doubt we'll ever get any more bargains like this. Thanks to all who helped with links to info.

come on junglie....how much did it cost mate?

pecar update

It was £20 the mate who found it beat them down to £15 but I gave him a fiver for his trouble ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    It was £20 the mate who found it beat them down to £15 but I gave him a fiver for his trouble ;-)
    now that's what i call a result!