Looking good

Couple of questions if you dont mind.
When the target is hit and it falls back, what is stopping it from causing shock damage as it seems to hit pretty directly (is the taped on thingy on the back of the target a foam pad or something?) This is one of the things I was concerned about initially which is one of the reasons why I used 2 servos in my original prototype. And what stops the target bouncing back up itself ?
Are you looking at making it being able to fall on its own too ? I would be interested in your setup if you do, I like the neatness of your design, my only "gripe" would be that it only falls part way back, presumably due to the effort required to lift it back up ?
I like your adjustment idea at the front, think I might pinch it
Mine is working fine now, done a couple of basic program modes - up for so many seconds, down, move to a random or preset position, back up etc and now working on the wireless which is proving a bit harder than I anticipated but it is working. The positioning is only within an inch or so left to right but I am only using a standard motor and not a stepper, it takes its zero position from the left hand switch. I might yet make something with a load of holes in going right accross and count each one with an IR sensor - simply because I have these but dont have a stepper driver and also dont want to change things too much now as its all going well.

Calv