Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
Hi Fred,

I will try and explain it a little more.

This is my servo and its controller in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-IM87imTGY

The bit about programming the servo is really about programming that little electronics board it is connected to.

The board is set to move the servo to a programmed position when the micro switch is closed after a preset delay.

The code to do this is shown in post three of this thread. But all it is, is a set of instructions of what to do to the servos position and in what order.

The control board is flexible in that it can be effectively rewired by just changing the control program that I write on the computer using the supplied software and then load into it with a USB cable.

It is a bit like programming your video to record something, but with movements of the servo instead of the time.

The controller has six channels than can be used as servo outputs or as switch inputs. You can buy bigger boards that will do 18 channels, then you could have multiple servos and multiple switches, or push buttons to reset All the targets together or whatever you want.

The normal £12 servos only produce 4kg of pull at 1cm distance from the centre of the shaft. So it is not strong enough to work with a standard Nockover target. You would need a lighter plate for it to be able to lift it. Stronger servos get a lot more expensive quickly.

I wanted the target to be similar to the one shown at the start of this thread or something along the lines or a row of silhouettes.

Just ask away if we can explain a bit more.

Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark,

Thanks for that. I am starting to understand it more and more.

So what parts would I need to make the whole thing work (Obviously I will have to think of a way to bring the target back up)?

THanks