Hello,

I'm Tim and I have just joined this forum to hopefully gain knowledge on all there is to know about airguns. So far, I've been impressed with the wealth of knowledge that is here and hope to use it to my advantage when I go out next.

I've just started out in the realms of shooting with my brother-in-law who has been shooting more than I've had hot dinners! We go two or three times a week for a bit of target shooting and I'm really enjoying it and I am now ready to purchase a gun of my own.

I have used the HW90, 98 and the TX200, these are all lovely guns but given the choice, I prefer the lighter feel and the break barrel mechanism of the HW 98 to the bigger weight and underlever device of the TX.

I am looking for something reliable and accurate which will last but could do with some advice on what you think would be an ideal first gun? As I've said, now I've tried the HW, it's hard to imagine many other guns can match this. I'm sure higher models are great, however my bank balance is of a more 'wake up and smell the coffee' nature

Any help appreciated.....